The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The NHL height conspiracy

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Game of inches  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For reference, in an article from NHL.com about Elias Pettersson yesterday, the following quote seems to have unearthed a bit of dissent.

In preparation for his second NHL season, Pettersson bulked up during the summer but still looks fragile at 6-foot-4 and 175 pounds. 

In his mind, though, he's not worried, so why should others?

So I'd like to ask the wonderful and intelligent posters of CDC to "weigh in" so to speak!

Do you think Petey is actually 6'4? Vote above!

Three days till pre-season puck drops! HYPE TRAIN FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BrockBoester

8 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

How tall is Markstrom?  Did Pettersson look to be about the same height when they walked over to the press con yesterday? 

Q.E.M-F.D.  :emot-parrot:

By all reports, Marky is 6'6".

Height inflation correlates proportionately to how tall or short you are. If you’re a tree like Chara or Myers, your height is going to be exact down to the millimetre, as it will constantly be brought up. Conversely, the shorter you are, the more leeway you get with rounding up. If you’re 5’10.5, you’re going to get spotted to 5’11 or maybe even  6’0. I’ve heard from multiple different people who’ve met him in person that there is no chance Johnny Gaudreau, listed at 5’9, is a hair taller than 5’6.

12 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Height inflation correlates proportionately to how tall or short you are. If you’re a tree like Chara or Myers, your height is going to be exact down to the millimetre, as it will constantly be brought up. Conversely, the shorter you are, the more leeway you get with rounding up. If you’re 5’10.5, you’re going to get spotted to 5’11 or maybe even  6’0. I’ve heard from multiple different people who’ve met him in person that there is no chance Johnny Gaudreau, listed at 5’9, is a hair taller than 5’6.

kinda like if a gal asks how big you are ? am I right?