The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(OFFICIAL) Leafs sign Mitch Marner

Pears

14 hours ago, spook007 said:

This is so true... 

We are starting to get an exciting team together now. So it should be a joy to be part of, thus they should be interested in signing for a little less...

We are and we have a bunch of contracts expiring in the next 3 years (Sutter, Baertschi, Edler, Eriksson, Beagle, Roussell, Schaller, Pearson, etc). So more money will be coming off the books and more roles will be available to our next wave of prospects. Things are looking up.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

We are and we have a bunch of contracts expiring in the next 3 years (Sutter, Baertschi, Edler, Eriksson, Beagle, Roussell, Schaller, Pearson, etc). So more money will be coming off the books and more roles will be available to our next wave of prospects. Things are looking up.

And Tan man. 

Frees up a good bit of cash... 

Just get the BB thing done...now. 

11 minutes ago, Jtutino said:

The leafs just hand out signing bonus like candy. 14.3 mil for Marner in 2020. If there's a lockout next year the leafs would still have to pay out a total of 51 mil in signing bonuses.

Lucky for them there won’t be.

13 minutes ago, Jtutino said:

The leafs just hand out signing bonus like candy. 14.3 mil for Marner in 2020. If there's a lockout next year the leafs would still have to pay out a total of 51 mil in signing bonuses.

No lockout. 

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/nhlpa-wont-opt-out-of-current-cba/ar-AAHnYpt?li=AAggNb9&ocid=ientp

The decision means the current CBA will remain in effect through the 2021-22 campaign.

Edited by BPA

This thread should be retitled 

"Dubas continues to waste cap screws Laffs"

Toronto Sports Network, Tim and Sid, SportsNet everyone saying good on Dubas. Is everyone high.

Marner reportedly had offer sheets, the media circus is spinning it like he didn't ever wanna go anywhere and took a discount from his asking to sign and not miss time. Let's not forget he was offered 7 × 10M but held out for that extra 7-800k. Dubas is paying 4 players (soft players at that) 40M. 

Toronto has one top 4 D signed next year. No Grit and bite to this team. Glad our boys take reasonable deals. No winning culture whatsoever just a bunch of selfish greedy brats in TO and they'll never win a playoff series paying 4 guys half they're cap. 

You need depth to win in the NHL and investing that kinda money into a few guys will never achieve that.

Dubas is the worst GM in hockey and I am so sick of people and the media praising this moron. I cannot wait to watch them dominate the regular season and then get hit relentlessly and out battled with no push back resulting in a first round exit yet again. 

Terrible signing. Mathews, Tavares and Marner. None of them are worth near 11M. These guys can't even win one round. Same goes for no battle Willie 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Mitch Marners give away in front of his own net tonight against the Sens.  That cost a goal.

If a rookie did that he’d be benched for the rest of the game, then sent down to the minors. But Mitch makes 10. 9 mil., you can’t do that to him.

Edited by wildwood12

i was deeply concerned about the bruising of marner's ego

by having to agree to a contract that is lesser then the one signed by matthews

so i reviewed both contracts looking for some redemption for mitch

i am therefore am happy to report

that for the current season

mitch will in fact out earn his team mate by $100,000 in combined salary and bonuses

"serenity for all"

:frantic:

(and since this is a canuck board

i unfortunately should point out

that he will out earn brock by an even 12 million this season)

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 9:50 PM, KanNuck said:

This thread should be retitled 

"Dubas continues to waste cap screws Laffs"

Toronto Sports Network, Tim and Sid, SportsNet everyone saying good on Dubas. Is everyone high.

Marner reportedly had offer sheets, the media circus is spinning it like he didn't ever wanna go anywhere and took a discount from his asking to sign and not miss time. Let's not forget he was offered 7 × 10M but held out for that extra 7-800k. Dubas is paying 4 players (soft players at that) 40M. 

Toronto has one top 4 D signed next year. No Grit and bite to this team. Glad our boys take reasonable deals. No winning culture whatsoever just a bunch of selfish greedy brats in TO and they'll never win a playoff series paying 4 guys half they're cap. 

You need depth to win in the NHL and investing that kinda money into a few guys will never achieve that.

Dubas is the worst GM in hockey and I am so sick of people and the media praising this moron. I cannot wait to watch them dominate the regular season and then get hit relentlessly and out battled with no push back resulting in a first round exit yet again. 

Terrible signing. Mathews, Tavares and Marner. None of them are worth near 11M. These guys can't even win one round. Same goes for no battle Willie 

Don't forget the conflict of interest that goes on in TO with the media owning the club.  Nothing bad will be said no matter how idiotic things will look.