The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

go scout a bchl game canuck brass

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

2 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

since your on my beautiful island drive up the island about 40 minutes and check out a hard hitting bchl game...cowichan has a good goalie that i would say could be a good draft......game is sat night after practice...chiefs vs caps..

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

5 bucks says this guy is the goalie.

Zach Borgiel is that you? Or is this Ben Howard? :emot-parrot:

https://www.cowichancapitals.com/stats/player/6128/40/zach-borgiel

6128.jpg

https://www.cowichancapitals.com/stats/player/6129/40/ben-howard

6129.jpg

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Haha 1

Not to mention scouts are usually assigned leagues so pretty sure almost every NHL team will be scouting the bchl this year. I mean 3 good picks out of Victoria alone. The league is making a name for itself as the most competitive Junior A league in Canada...

9 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

since your on my beautiful island drive up the island about 40 minutes and check out a hard hitting bchl game...cowichan has a good goalie that i would say could be a good draft......game is sat night after practice...chiefs vs caps..

Theyve been scouting the BCJHL for years. 

• Cheers 1

To be honest it's not like we really need to spend that many resources to scout the BCHL. It's not like there's a ton of players making it into the NHL and if there is someone that is worth scouting it's fairly well known in the scouting circle and they can pick and choose to see those games. Most BCHL players that don't get drafted and is worth pursuing end up going to college where they can be scouted more with one more year of development against older peers. 

8 hours ago, Baer. said:

Not to mention scouts are usually assigned leagues so pretty sure almost every NHL team will be scouting the bchl this year. I mean 3 good picks out of Victoria alone. The league is making a name for itself as the most competitive Junior A league in Canada...

My cousin Carter Berger played for the Grizzlies 

• Upvote 1