The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] (Bos) McAvoy 3yr 4.9m per

86Viking

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Benning has one horrible signing. (Schaller and Gagner don't have long enough terms to warrant being horrible unless you wanna overreact). Relax bud. And his trades have either been wins or neither team won. Until he starts giving away Eberles and Taylor Halls his trades have largely benefited the team. 

Trading a cheaper #3C for Sutter and overpaying him before he plays a second for us was a smart idea? Trading a young McCann with a wicked wrist shot for a big, slower RHD was a smart choice? Trading draft picks when we were suppose to rebuild and stock up on picks for waiver fodder players like Vey? Moving a promising young D prospect after a strong WJC showing for Clendenning?

Overpaying a cup winning #4C for 4 years with a ntc when we already had Sutter and you could have signed countless other C for half the cost. Structure of Loui's contract to make us stuck with him, let alone the term...we were rebuilding at the time of the signing.... Giving Edler and Myers NMC so we can't try to move them. I don't mind the 2 signings but both players didnt deserve NMC, limited NTC max, neither are Norris D, Edler even got a 1m raise. For a guy who didnt want to leave the city we should have played hardball with him and said sure we will sign you but take a pay cut, a big one if you want a NMC. Signing Miller to a  3 year deal when we really should have just stayed the course and got a higher pick and sold of other players? That along with LE signing was us trying to sign a couple players and try make the playoffs with an aging team past its prime and no prospects.

yes he made a couple decent trades, and struck gold with EP, lets see how Quinn holds up he has the skill, just needs to be elusive and keep his head up. What about the Jake or OJ picks? Neither have proven their worth considering who we could have selected. How can you not include Gagner, we traded him away and had to buyout the guy we got in return... Schaller was a NOT needed type of signing. The structure of Hutton's deal was poor.

Where are our 2nd round picks or later who are helping us? Gadj has foot speed issues in the AHL, Lind, I have some hope for still. Gaud is the only player outside the 1st round we can say is on or is close to being on our NHL roster who wasn't a 1st round pick. That is over 5 years...that ain't so impressive.

Now I am being harsh, but some Canuck fans need to take the elton john rose coloured glasses off and realize this team should have started a full on rebuild and gotten way more picks and prospects over the last 5 years to have a shot at finding more NHL caliber players.

There is no crystal ball or magic formula to take over a team and win a cup, mistakes are made but to say GM JB has excelled at his job would be a lie imo.

I have some hope, since BB is not signed it leads me to believe JB is not bending to get a deal done.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Baer. said:

Well 5.5 is more than 5 so maybe

I don't see how Keller gets 7 and not Brock. Forwards always get paid more than defensemen. I have no clue why people are comparing this for Brock. He will get more like 6.5-7.5.

$6.5mill over 3 years?  Any precedent or comparable??

3 year deal = haircut.  Not styled for life... 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

$6.5mill over 3 years?  Any precedent or comparable??

3 year deal = haircut.  Not styled for life... 

Meier but he was 4 years so if people can stop endlessly quoting me in this thread would it make them happy if I said 4 years 6.5

Edited by Baer.

52 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Meier but he was 4 years so if people can stop endlessly quoting me in this thread would it make them happy if I said 4 years 6.5

Sorry for quoting you again :rolleyes: but 3-4 years should be in the $5-$6 range, you're still too rich IMO.

Short term = lower cap hit.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1