The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordie Benn | #8 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Funny thing is I that Benn actually looked a lot more comfortable out there when he was playing his offside in the playoffs. I was (kind of) looking forward to seeing him there this season. But Hamonic would be better I think.

my concern is that the third pairing ends up being Benn - Hamonic and the kids (OJ) end up missing out again...

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Funny thing is I that Benn actually looked a lot more comfortable out there when he was playing his offside in the playoffs. I was (kind of) looking forward to seeing him there this season. But Hamonic would be better I think.

my concern is that the third pairing ends up being Benn - Hamonic and the kids (OJ) end up missing out again...

nah juolevi has to much upside with his outlet passes hes  got 3rd pairing   but benn can cover in case of injuries    depth is good this yr.

2 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Do not worry. You will likely see him there. Something tells me that this season is going to see a lot of injuries and a lot of angry fans saying that such and such was only a one game suspension.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jordie Benn was the highest mover up the all-time Canuck scoring list tonight with his assist.

346.  Jim Hargreaves D 66 1 7 8
346.  Jordie Benn D 45 1 7 8
346.  Sheldon Kannegiesser D 42 1 7 8
346.  Brad Maxwell D 30 1 7 8
350.  Richard Brodeur G 377 0 8 8
350.  John Namestnikov D 35 0 8 8
353.  Zack MacEwen C/RW 25 5 2 7
359.  Rory Fitzpatrick D 58 1 6 7

55 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Now a few days from playing Montreal, I feel Benn has looked far better than I expected this season. With plays like his pass to Miller last night, playing relatively error free and actually shooting he looks much better than last year. 

I wonder if losing his comfy no.6 spot has urged him to work harder to earn it back. He has looked better than last season and already has 2 assists in 3 games, so his offense is clicking as well.

• Cheers 1

On 1/4/2021 at 6:29 AM, NorthWestNuck said:

Benn and Hamonic would be a nasty pair to deal with in the playoffs. 

He is playing simple, seems to breakout and make better passes on the right side.

He is allowing Hughes to do his thing, while he takes care of being economic in his puck movements.  I like what I've seen so far. I like having his calm presence beside Hughes too, not much panic, and just is in good position.

9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Benn only played 12:39. 

Made the most out of every second of it.

Damn.

Benn is surprising me. I thought he would be OK in the d-zone which he has been. It has been down in the ozone where he has surprised me. Trapped a couple of times but generally holding the line well. Getting his shots in. Creating plays.

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Benn is surprising me. I thought he would be OK in the d-zone which he has been. It has been down in the ozone where he has surprised me. Trapped a couple of times but generally holding the line well. Getting his shots in. Creating plays.

Maybe getting back to his MTL days? In his last season before we signed him, he had a career year with 22 points.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jordie Benn's tenure as a Canuck leaves him in 281st in all-time Canuck scoring.

274.  Bryan Helmer D 62 7 9 16
279.  Mario Marois D 50 4 12 16
280.  Keith Ballard D 148 3 13 16
281.  Jordie Benn D 65 2 14 16
289.  Grant Ledyard D 49 2 13 15
  • Cheers 1