The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We gonna be preseason champs boyzz / When will the C be named

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

C  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I predict a 7-1-0 record with the sole loss coming against the Coyotes as Phil Kessel will obviously be up to his usual hot doggery and will net a hat trick.

Markstrom with two shutouts, one vs. LA and one vs. Ottawa. Pettersson finishes preseason with 5 points in 5 games and Brock joins the team in time for the final three games. Bo Horvat is an absolute beast as usual.

The road to Stanley's Mug begins today! What are your predictions for the exhibition game bonanza??

Also when do you think we'll be naming our Captain?

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Cheers 1

I'm hoping Bo will be name at the home opener. I don't think he could be more ready to take the reins. 

As for record in the pre-season, I'm not too concerned. I just want to see our young guys fight and our lines for the season come to fruition. Although I sure do hope we win tonight in Cowtown when I'm there!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

I'm hoping Bo will be name at the home opener. I don't think he could be more ready to take the reins. 

As for record in the pre-season, I'm not too concerned. I just want to see our young guys fight and our lines for the season come to fruition. Although I sure do hope we win tonight in Cowtown when I'm there!

A buddy of mine told me his "Canucks insider" says Bo Horvat will be named Captain on opening night (1st game).  Same guy who got my Sedins jerseys signed (not during any signing sessions).

So take it for what it's worth.

• Upvote 4

It would make sense to do it on Sedin night wouldn't it?  To me, that would be the way to go.  Sedin's aren't about themselves, I'm sure they would love transfering some of the attention that night off themselves and back to Bo.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, BPA said:

A buddy of mine told me his "Canucks insider" says Bo Horvat will be named Captain on opening night (1st game).  Same guy who got my Sedins jerseys signed (not during any signing sessions).

So take it for what it's worth.

I believe you; this is great news. The feeling I certainly got from Murph when I talked to him at training camp in Vic is that Bo would named; he said they may not do it this year, but he said it with a smirk. It just makes too much sense not to. Thanks for the reassuring insight. 

6 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Imagine them keeping it quiet, until the home opener itself. Not even Canucks media announcing it, but the arena broadcaster announcing it as they announce the starting lineup for the 1st game.......

YOUR NEW TEAM CAPTAIN, BO HORVAT

Arena goes wild....

Absolutely. That's what I've been predicting for a while now. Celebration!!!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:07 AM, PunjabiCanucks said:

Imagine them keeping it quiet, until the home opener itself. Not even Canucks media announcing it, but the arena broadcaster announcing it as they announce the starting lineup for the 1st game.......

YOUR NEW TEAM CAPTAIN, #53, BO HORVAT

Arena goes wild....

I hope you are right.. I will be there Oct 9th will cheer my lungs out for our Cap