The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau apologizes for wearing brownface during 2001 event at school

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

As much as I don't like JT, who the hell cares?

Pretty much.  I remember when Tyler Bozak got flak for dressing up as Michael Jackson for Halloween.  Really?  It was coming out of respect for Michael Jackson, not to dredge up memories of black face.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The opposition party of course... :lol:

Somehow Scheer thinks he is. Clearly he has a friend down south who sussed this out for him. The timing is all too convenient and the majority of people are being played like the fiddles they are. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Somehow Scheer thinks he is. Clearly he has a friend down south who sussed this out for him. The timing is all too convenient and the majority of people are being played like the fiddles they are. 

I seriously doubt that he has connections at Time Magazine.  Most likely someone from that party remembered that night and went to the Canadian press who most likely chickened out on printing it and punted it off to the US press.

Find out what press related company the parent company of Time Magazine owns in Canada and you'll be halfway to figuring out what happened.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I seriously doubt that he has connections at Time Magazine.  Most likely someone from that party remembered that night and went to the Canadian press who most likely chickened out on printing it and punted it off to the US press.

Find out what press related company the parent company of Time Magazine owns in Canada and you'll be halfway to figuring out what happened.

What, do I look like I have that kind of time? Hahaha

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

So called conservatives jumping onto the PC bandwagon is pathetic.

And the so called liberals jumping all over their so called leader are pathetic losers.

Where is the bottom of the PC cesspit? Tune in tomorrow on Commons TV!

I think he is a terrible fraud of a politician, and still, could care less about this.

It's racist. Trudeau said so himself. Good for him for owning it. If it's not a big deal, then why don't you guys go ahead and wear brownface. No takers? Didn't think so.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Baer. said:

It's so obvious it's almost cringeworthy

Not if you're used to seeing it.  We have a tradition here called the "October Surprise" where around the end of October the opposition party reveals a scandal they've known about for a while in hopes that their opponent won't be able to recover from it by election day in November.

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. If someone idolizes someone of another race, how is it insulting?

When I was 12, I idolized Jimi Hendrix and wanted to dress up like him for Halloween one year. I got the clothes and guitar down but didn’t quite look right. I wanted to apply some makeup to pull it off, but my mom advised against it. She understood how much I wanted to be Hendrix and said that it wouldn’t go over. 

JT was an adult and should have known better.  He was smart to immediately apologize.  This event will now disappear.  JT will lead the Liberals to a majority.  Scheer is just too damn weak and pudgy looking to lead anything but the library club.  

• Haha 1