The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau apologizes for wearing brownface during 2001 event at school

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Time states a businessman associated with the high school in fact gave them to time magazine.

Scheer states they found and released the video Trudeau admitted existed.

I truly think Scheer was hoping he'd have the ability to drop that bomb at a later date

yeah I agree the timing was dumb if it was the CPC that leaked it now. Give JT lots of time to recover and apologize properly. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I agree the timing was dumb if it was the CPC that leaked it now. Give JT lots of time to recover and apologize properly. 

I'd have hoped he simply said it was one time, then dropped it in 2-3 weeks.

Since he admitted he had done it more than once at the outset it lessened any potential impact but i'd have still released it later on

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1

It appears as though some Trudeau supporters are posting social media photos of Stephen Harper wearing a ceremonial First Nations headdress, in an attempt to deflect from JT's blackface scandal.

The fact is, this was part of a honor paid to Harper by the Blood Tribe and is vastly different than what Trudeau did. We can argue about whether Harper is deserving of any honors, but to post photos without this context is weak.

The problem is, people seem to be so triggered by such images, without digging much further, it might just work.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who is that limp waisted soy boy?  Look at him, guy's about as substantial as a dollar store Kleenex in a flu clinic.  Kid's got 3 names and make up on.

I have never seen that poster contribute anything to this forum other than spam videos. He doesn't even seem to provide any sort of commentary or thoughts on the video which I believe should be required. If I am posting a 2 page article on here, I will at least give some sort of reasoning or explanation as to why I am posting it or what resonated for me. Maybe he is getting paid by one of these wankers on Youtube, to post their crappy content where it get some views. 

39 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who is that limp waisted soy boy?  Look at him, guy's about as substantial as a dollar store Kleenex in a flu clinic.  Kid's got 3 names and make up on.

I can't watch him. Fist magnet.

I find myself staring at the cig stain on his lip and hoping he will back away form the camera. 

29 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It appears as though some Trudeau supporters are posting social media photos of Stephen Harper wearing a ceremonial First Nations headdress, in an attempt to deflect from JT's blackface scandal.

The fact is, this was part of a honor paid to Harper by the Blood Tribe and is vastly different than what Trudeau did. We can argue about whether Harper is deserving of any honors, but to post photos without this context is weak.

The problem is, people seem to be so triggered by such images, without digging much further, it might just work.

There's some baiting going on too. 

I saw a post of the headdress pic yesterday posted by a Conservative, pretending to complain about it, only to rile people up.... to then set them straight.

Plus,it was Harper...not Scheer.

Let it go LIbs, not a good look. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Toews said:

I have never seen that poster contribute anything to this forum other than spam videos. He doesn't even seem to provide any sort of commentary or thoughts on the video which I believe should be required. If I am posting a 2 page article on here, I will at least give some sort of reasoning or explanation as to why I am posting it or what resonated for me. Maybe he is getting paid by one of these wankers on Youtube, to post their crappy content where it get some views. 

i thought the reason i posted these kind of videos was self-evident; i hate the pc culture, sjws and identity politics. what other explanation do you want?

and no i'm not getting paid by anyone. i just love the content. to each his own i guess

3 minutes ago, infinitecarnage said:

i thought the reason i posted these kind of videos was self-evident; i hate the pc culture, sjws and identity politics. what other explanation do you want?

and no i'm not getting paid by anyone. i just love the content. to each his own i guess

Its weird that you post nothing but videos and never contribute to any discussion. Why even come on here then? At least those Youtube hipsters get paid by every person who clicks on the video. The only conclusion is that you either shilling for free or for money. Either way I have little respect for it. I will echo your last sentiment and bow out.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Its weird that you post nothing but videos and never contribute to any discussion. Why even come on here then? At least those Youtube hipsters get paid by every person who clicks on the video. The only conclusion is that you either shilling for free or for money. Either way I have little respect for it. I will echo your last sentiment and bow out.

It's just sad to be filled with so much blind hate 

• Upvote 3

Just now, inane said:

I always find it a bit stunning that people can be so filled with hate, just because of what they call "virtue signalling". My reaction has always been more of "who cares?".

Who cares if JT made a joke about "peoplekind"? Who cares if he wore Indian garb in India? Why does it bother people so much that half his cabinet are women and a significant number are visible minorities? If they're all qualified (and they are) what does it matter?

TBH, I don't even care that he wore blackface 20 years ago. I did dumb things in past decades myself, but I like to think I've grown as a human being in the interim......I certainly don't lose my mind because someone is a bit over the top in crusading for racial, sexual or social equality....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I always find it a bit stunning that people can be so filled with hate, just because of what they call "virtue signalling". My reaction has always been more of "who cares?".

Who cares if JT made a joke about "peoplekind"? Who cares if he wore Indian garb in India? Why does it bother people so much that half his cabinet are women and a significant number are visible minorities? If they're all qualified (and they are) what does it matter?

TBH, I don't even care that he wore blackface 20 years ago. I did dumb things in past decades myself, but I like to think I've grown as a human being in the interim......I certainly don't lose my mind because someone is a bit over the top in crusading for racial, sexual or social equality....

Well it's usually a reflection of whatever they're unhappy with about themselves, mocking others is just a way to lash out. That's what makes it sad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, inane said:

We are all filled with ignorance but there are some who choose to hide behind these caricatures on Youtube rather than putting their thoughts out there to be scrutinized by others. I wouldn't mind hearing what @infinitecarnage has to say on the subjects that he appears concerned about. PJW on the other hand can go pound sand.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

We are all filled with ignorance but there are some who choose to hide behind these caricatures on Youtube rather than putting their thoughts out there to be scrutinized by others. I wouldn't mind hearing what @infinitecarnage has to say on the subjects that he appears concerned about. PJW on the other hand can go pound sand.

Pjw? 

Yeah, the whole cartoon characterization of left vs right is so inane and mindless. It's easy, but just so stupid. 

8 minutes ago, inane said:

Pjw? 

Yeah, the whole cartoon characterization of left vs right is so inane and mindless. It's easy, but just so stupid. 

Paul Joseph Watson, people latch onto one of these youtube posers and ironically call everyone else sheep/sheeple because they think they have discovered some new enlightened source of information. In reality its the same old $&!#ty political commentary, just a different pile.

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I disagree entirely with the narrative people are pursuing with that.  It was in fact a ceremonial honour.  He doesn't deserve heat for that at all.  What came afterwards with his ignoring the people though and eroding treaty rights in small snippets is different.  it's no different than what trudeau has done; which is to say promise a lot deliver little.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Honestly? Just as easily put out there by someone on the 'right' to lather up the frothing masses. 

As always, it's IMO best to simply ignore the 'Facebook meme' level of discourse and actually focus on what matters. People get far too wrapped up in face paint and head dress nonsense. It's what they use to distract us, keep us arguing amongst ourselves on nothing burgers while the establishment snicker at us and pull strings in their favour.

Economy/jobs, environment, personal rights, food/farming, crime, infrastructure, health care etc = things that matter. Face paint and head dresses = distracting nonsense.

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

We made it to Florida!

shouldn't that be "Trump face"? 

I know it was a dumb thing for JT to do, but he's getting ripped for this far more than someone actually working to hurt people like Trump does, its a little pathetic.