The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] i know its early but id do a package trade

1 hour ago, 'NucK™ said:

To be fair he never said anything about a premium pick or a good player. (didn't notice OP had been edited)

As far as the current proposal, it seems like we are trading three fringe players, that all have decent potential, for one proven average player and a pick? No thanks! Also.. wrong forum section just to get more views? -_-

Schaller?  Well from the standpoint he can't play any worse than last season, sure.:P

ok that's fine we will see if i had the correct idea..i like jake and dipeotro  erickson and goldy..but this a business that requires gutsy moves sometimes....jake ok keep him so you lose bertchsi i Gaudette or new guys you just signed... going to have to waive some good guys....or do you cut bachman from utica...it should be dipetro and macintire in utica..then whoever first injury call up...but there was no point in signing bailey then or graovac..

Why trade a good goalie prospect, a 3rd line player (virtanen), a fringe NHLer at best in Schaller, and a fringe NHLer with offensive potential for a 3rd line player? Likely not a great trade for the Canucks.

Also, maybe everyone else should skip the passive aggressive memes and condescending responses and politely remind the poster of the proposals section. Who cares if they are in school, if they are, we were all in school once.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman
Grammar.

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Trade a good goalie prospect, a 3rd line player (virtanen), a fringe NHLer at best in Schaller, and a fringe NHLer with offensive potential for a 3rd line player?

Also, maybe everyone else should skip the passive aggressive memes and condescending responses and politely remind the poster of the proposals section. Who cares if they are in school.. if they are.. we were all in school once.

Nah. Where’s the proof that they’re in school? If the op is a kid, then maybe I’ll stand down, but until that point, full steam ahead. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

its going to take some tough decisions...my heart is with alll the canuck players but if you want a team of hockey players you need to cut some guys that just not a good fit ..hockey players as in guys that are into playing hockey the way you need to and sacrifice thats needed...not hust a hockey player that wants to play in the nhl...erickson time is done too..not sure what they will do there..

easy, send LE down to mentor boys in Utica or let him retire, I'm almost certain Goldy is done like dinner, have not seen anything positive from him in the preseason and have never really been a fan and theres no way there is room for him inb the top six and he doesn't belong in the bottom six. That takes care of two of them:towel:

44 minutes ago, reyezone said:

This discussion dominated my work place today also. How to move assets that are extraneous before losing a player via waivers.

We already let Granlund walk as a free agent, there goes that second round pick. How can JB manage his glut of wingers correctly and still come out on top, that is the question. i would, however, prefer to hang on to Jake and Mikey D. 

At this point several of them I would give away for beer, but I think there is some value in a few players possibly bundled together

1 hour ago, reyezone said:

This discussion dominated my work place today also. How to move assets that are extraneous before losing a player via waivers.

We already let Granlund walk as a free agent, there goes that second round pick. How can JB manage his glut of wingers correctly and still come out on top, that is the question. i would, however, prefer to hang on to Jake and Mikey D. 

What second round pick?  We traded Shinkaruk for him, and Granlund turned out to be a fringe NHLer while Shinkaruk is a career AHL guy\.  That's a win.

Regarding the proposal, I don't want to give up on Virt yet, and definitely want to keep Mikey.

• Upvote 1