The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the best city to play in in the NHL?

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

48 minutes ago, nux_win said:

For playing hockey: Edmonton.

Now before you flame on me, hear me out.  Vancouver is a better place to live for a multitude of reasons but there are too many non-hockey distractions.  Edmonton is cold enough, and for long enough, that it is ideal for playing hockey.  And there is not much else going on so you can focus on playing.  Oh, and it's flat.  It's easier playing hockey when it's flat.  And it's Canada.  It doesn't make sense to me playing hockey in the southern US.

Go Canucks Go!

lmao 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

Now before you flame on me, hear me out.  Vancouver is a better place to live for a multitude of reasons but there are too many non-hockey distractions.  Edmonton is cold enough, and for long enough, that it is ideal for playing hockey.  And there is not much else going on so you can focus on playing.  Oh, and it's flat.  It's easier playing hockey when it's flat.  And it's Canada.  It doesn't make sense to me playing hockey in the southern US.

Go Canucks Go!

It's  too cold and too flat that make you want to jump off a high rise. :frantic:

hmmm... 

I love the heat, hate the cold.. love golf, not into watersports. not into fishing or hunting etc..  love food & music.. 

I think my first choice would be either Nashville or Vegas.. then maybe Arizona, although I haven't been there. only team in Canada would be Vancouver. 

Go Canucks Go!

Eww. Do you work for the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce? Lol. 

Go Canucks Go!

I dont think professional NHLers have any problem finding rink and resorting to pond hockey.

Anywhere in California  or Florida.

NYC or Boston . 

Montreal is a fun city but hockey fans / media  there are super demanding so could be alot of pressure on the players. 

Vancouver is a beautiful  city but unfortunately not much to do in Vancity for the young guys....Its rep of No fun city is well earned. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Eww. Do you work for the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce? Lol. 

I guess I can take my tongue out of my cheek now (maybe my style of humour is a little too subtle).  But even with humour there is an element of truth.  People can and should play hockey anywhere they feel like it (except maybe the southern US that's just weird - OK, OK, I'm still joking).  I've lived in both Vancouver and Edmonton and while I do prefer Vancouver, Edmonton isn't nearly as bad as Vancouverites think it is.  In fact I find it kind of amusing that so many so-called hockey fans actually hate winter and make fun of places that actually have one.  We should embrace winter (through playing hockey and other winter sports) not try to escape it.  Go Canucks Go!

Edited by nux_win
I wanted to add "other winter sports"
  • Cheers 1

I'd assume most would choose to go to their childhood favorite. Omitting Vancouver, because that's my answer, I could see playing in NY (hub of the world, not much divisional travel milage) SJ/LA/Ana, nice and warm, Seattle, (you never said current NHL team), Dallas, used to idolize Modano and Nieuwendyk, Colorado, because of Sakic, Forsberg, and Bourque won his cup there.