The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the best city to play in in the NHL?

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

On 9/21/2019 at 12:06 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Everyone has their own ideas of "best".

For some, it's $$ and so US vs Canada comes into play.

Some prefer to be closer to family.

Weather/climate is a big factor - but some prefer summer, others like to ski, etc. and winter is alright too.

Big city anonymity versus small town eat/breathe/sleep hockey locations where everything you do is noticed.

Then it's also where a team is at and what direction they're going in.

I'd say Vancouver currently offers a pretty good mix for the most part.  Places like Arizona and Florida would be weird for some...sweltering hot as you head to the rink.  Also, risk of hurricanes and other natural disasters in places like Florida. 

You have pros/cons for all places...it's just about individuals and what personally suits them.

This. 

For me personally, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Boston, (I know unpopular around here but a great city nonetheless) Nashville, and Vancouver would rank high on my list. Add Seattle when they enter the league as well. 

Next tier would be NYI, (I like the Brooklyn side of NY) Raleigh, Vegas, Arizona, LA, and Anaheim the last 5 as I am a Nascar fan as well and they are close to Nascar tracks. 

There is no universal best NHL city to play in it is a very subjective choice depending on the individual. 

Seriously have you visited every city east of Vancouver?  I have lived in four of them actually and my head office is Winnipeg for the last 20 years. 

it is Van city all the way.

shout out to Montreal because their night life is stellar but total package not even close to the West-coast Beauty and Number one city in North America. Period  . !! 

Edited by Bertorama

11 hours ago, Bertorama said:

Seriously have you visited every city west of Vancouver?  I have lived in four of them actually and my head office is Winnipeg for the last 20 years. 

it is Van city all the way.

shout out to Montreal because their night life is stellar but total package not even close to the West-coast Beauty and Number one city in North America. Period  . !! 

I guess in one way or another every city is west of Vancouver. 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:12 PM, Alflives said:

To play just one game in the NHL would be the dream of any young hockey playing boy.  Does it matter in which city that dream is fulfilled?  

It isn’t fun getting drafted by EDM.  Ha ha.  Or WNP....or well I guess that’s about it.   Also NYR, even on a rookies salary you’d be hard pressed to find much more then a shoe box to live in on Manhattan. And because Messier played there.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

It isn’t fun getting drafted by EDM.  Ha ha.  Or WNP....or well I guess that’s about it.   Also NYR, even on a rookies salary you’d be hard pressed to find much more then a shoe box to live in on Manhattan. And because Messier played there.  

Oh, that's true.  Those three places would be bad, especially where Messier sat in the room.  :sick:

If I had to pick a city it would be Montreal.  Canadian city, and no connection to Messier. :sick:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Oh, that's true.  Those three places would be bad, especially where Messier sat in the room.  :sick:

If I had to pick a city it would be Montreal.  Canadian city, and no connection to Messier. :sick:

Great city, one of the best in the world...and it’s not ridiculously unaffordable.   I agree