The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

LAST PRO TEAM THAT TRAINED IN VICTORIA WON IT ALL

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

Just thought id see if fans know that van island has special powers...whenever a team trains here they do something good...no guarantees when but they do...so the canucks  trained in vic where stanley cup was won by victoria way back then...toronto raptors trained there a while ago and won...la kings trained in vic and won the cup....

Edited by hockeygod77
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

Just thought id see if fans know that van island has special powers...whenever a team trains here they do something good...no guarantees when but they do...so the canucks  trained in vic where stanley cup was won by victoria way back then...toronto raptors trained there a while ago and won...la kings trained in vic and won the cup....

Statistically speaking, more pro teams that didn't train in Victoria have had immediate success than those that did.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I'd love to see statistic on how many times it were held and the same year won the cup.

None that I am aware of.

The Raptors trained at UVic the season before their championship season.  The L.A. Kings have held their training camp in Victoria in the past, but not in their championship years.

So really, I am not even sure how the OP is trying to connect the two.

• Cheers 1

The Oilers trained here back in the day.

Fuhr and Messier bought the town dry of cocaine and the Oilers won the cup that year.

My sources tell me the Canucks aren't a bunch of cokehead losers, but they might win the cup. 1/31 odds.

I request hockeygod77 stop yelling at everyone. Please release CAP LOCKS when writing a thread title.

Thanks

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

None that I am aware of.

The Raptors trained at UVic the season before their championship season.  The L.A. Kings have held their training camp in Victoria in the past, but not in their championship years.

So really, I am not even sure how the OP is trying to connect the two.

He's yelly and wants attention.

Probably an only child

• Cheers 1