The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many career goals will Boeser end up with as a Canuck

Rate this topic

Trancer

38 minutes ago, Trancer said:

I really think he can get to 700+. If he plays till 40 or 41 he can achieve it. What do you think?

There’s only been 8 players who have reached the 700 plateau. All of them played in an era where the league average in goals per season was 3.3-4. In comparison, in this era, the average is only 2.5 - 3 per goals.

The only current NHL player who is on pace to reach the 700 plateau is Ovechkin and it’s probably going to take him two seasons for him to reach it.

• Upvote 2

He’s going to play at least 12-13 years with us.  On the low end barring career ending injuries I’d say around 360, on the high end.... well I’d say an average of 30 x 15 years or 450 is reasonable.   He has a chance to score 500 with us too...either way I’m sure either BB or EP will retire as the all time leading goal scorers for a Canuck.   JB bridge deal helped with this math, his next deal will almost certainly be a full term one.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I'll say 301 before he goes onto another team later into his career.

Well he’s definitely here for 5 plus his next deal - which will almost certainly be a term deal 7-8 with NTC/NMC in for the UFA years.  So 12-13 years is the most likely scenario...which would bring his average goals per season down to 25ish.  Maybe that’s reasonable considering he won’t play every game,  but he has shown he can hit 30 in around 65-72 the last two years so...maybe this is a little on the low side?

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

There’s only been 8 players who have reached the 700 plateau. All of them played in an era where the league average in goals per season was 3.3-4. In comparison, in this era, the average is only 2.5 - 3 per goals.

The only current NHL player who is on pace to reach the 700 plateau is Ovechkin and it’s probably going to take him two seasons for him to reach it.

Scoring is up - quite a bit actually last year an average of 6.1 goals per game were scored the highest since 2005-6, or 13 years.   Sure definitely lower then the peak in the early 80’s where it climbed to just over 8, or when they averaged .33% more scoring compared to last season.   It’s back to where it was pre expansion basically.   Of those guys Howe and Hull managed 700 plus pro goals (Hull 600 in the NHL - the others in the WHA - BUT that league was on par with the NHL for the most part - the teams that came in weren’t great except for EDM but the intramural games showed they were definitely on par) so it’s definitely possible - and Ovi’s now thinking about going after Gretzky’s record age doesn’t seem to affect him so far.   

I agree that BB won’t get 700, as of right now the only guy that might be able to do it is AM IF he can stay healthy.  Maybe Draisaitl if he can keep pumping out 50 goal seasons next to McDavid for the next five years too and beyond.  Laine maybe - but he’s got to prove that last year was a fluke - and that 17 goals in one month was also no fluke.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Scoring is up - quite a bit actually last year an average of 6.1 goals per game were scored the highest since 2005-6, or 13 years.   Sure definitely lower then the peak in the early 80’s where it climbed to just over 8, or when they averaged .33% more scoring compared to last season.   It’s back to where it was pre expansion basically.   Of those guys Howe and Hull managed 700 plus pro goals (Hull 600 in the NHL - the others in the WHA - BUT that league was on par with the NHL for the most part - the teams that came in weren’t great except for EDM but the intramural games showed they were definitely on par) so it’s definitely possible - and Ovi’s now thinking about going after Gretzky’s record age doesn’t seem to affect him so far.   

I agree that BB won’t get 700, as of right now the only guy that might be able to do it is AM IF he can stay healthy.  Maybe Draisaitl if he can keep pumping out 50 goal seasons next to McDavid for the next five years too and beyond.  Laine maybe - but he’s got to prove that last year was a fluke - and that 17 goals in one month was also no fluke.

Also Steven Stamkos has an outside chance of scoring 700 too.   After two injury seasons he’s racked up goals like he used to the last few years, he’s only 29 and will pass 400 goals probably maybe befor October is out...if he plays ten more seasons and averages 30 goals it’s possible.   With Kucherov in his prime scoring 40 per season the next five years seems doable, and averaging 20 the next five seems doable too.   

Crosby also has an outside chance too if he plays until he in his early forties.  He needs 260 more goals as of right now and is 32.   Unlikely - but 600 is definitely possible.