The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many career goals will Boeser end up with as a Canuck

Rate this topic

Trancer

10 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Not sure where you’re getting your numbers from but according to hockey-references the league average was just over 3 goals a game.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html

Your reference is likely per team.  The one I’m going off is per game (both teams).  Since the forward pass was allowed the league has never averaged 3 goals per game .

As an aside only two years since 1994 have been higher by this reference.  The one I already quoted and 1995-96.  Basically the entire dead puck era and beyond.  Scoring is way up ... and it’s nice to see even the goalies are fine with it given some recent articles on it.  SP are closer to what they used to be ... nice to see a group of guys breaking 100 again, and a whole bunch breaking 80, not to mention that the Art Ross winner is getting more then 95 points unlike the heart of dead puck era.   

Next year looks to be another great great year for scoring, lots of new faces entering the PPG plus club, possibility including both EP and Boeser...

Edited by IBatch

On this contract I hope he stays healthy for the duration and he’s got something to prove there.  He’s a 110 goal scorer during the three year contract is my guess. Maybe add 10 goals if he does stay 100% injury free. 

Another way to look at it if he did score 110 goals in the next three seasons based on his average while he’s making $5,875,000 average per year so that’s roughly $53,049 per goal the Canucks are paying him for. 

Past that who knows if he resigns or goes ? For now I’m going to enjoy Watching this team play this season. Happy he signed for a good price and a healthy contract for both parties. 

Edited by Bertorama
  • Cheers 1

In all seriousness though let the guy just play and score important goals and be a part of a great core that's fun to watch... if he scores 30+ 40s and we consistently lose what's the point. Guys in his early 20s and were now predicting career goals?? Let him develop and enjoy what we get to watch. Hopfully some great games, goals, playoffs, hopfully be part of a team thats brings that cup to the west coast of Canada!!

Anyways Let's get this season started!

16 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Bout treefiddy 

Dude hasn't even had a 30 goal season and OP throwing 700 goals out there.  Cmon bro.

29 goals in 60 something games is a 30 goal season to me. Ya , he was technically 1 goal off, so technically not a 30 goal season, but he proved he is a 30 goal scorer.  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, cuporbust said:

29 goals in 60 something games is a 30 goal season to me. Ya , he was technically 1 goal off, so technically not a 30 goal season, but he proved he is a 30 goal scorer.  

You bet.   So far he’s scoring roughly 36-37 goals in an 82 game season, and he’s barely getting started.  Even if he’s peaked (very unlikely) he’s got the tools to be a perennial 30 plus goals scorer for us, however it’s way more likely he hasn’t and that as EP gets better and we get better support from our defense (Hughes for starters) his numbers will go up and he will become a perrenial forty plus goal scorer.   Just needs to shoot the puck as often as he can with that accurate hard shot good things will happen to the team and him when he does.  Also see EP as a guy that could get 40-50 in his prime.   Ten goals in ten games doesn’t happen by accident. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

You bet.   So far he’s scoring roughly 36-37 goals in an 82 game season, and he’s barely getting started.  Even if he’s peaked (very unlikely) he’s got the tools to be a perennial 30 plus goals scorer for us, however it’s way more likely he hasn’t and that as EP gets better and we get better support from our defense (Hughes for starters) his numbers will go up and he will become a perrenial forty plus goal scorer.   Just needs to shoot the puck as often as he can with that accurate hard shot good things will happen to the team and him when he does.  Also see EP as a guy that could get 40-50 in his prime.   Ten goals in ten games doesn’t happen by accident. 

So if we can use a per 82 pace,  then we can call Jake a 20 goal guy?

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 3:41 AM, Trancer said:

I really think he can get to 700+. If he plays till 40 or 41 he can achieve it. What do you think?

:picard: ...smh

He's 22 years old and has 59 goals at the moment.  He's missing 641 and lets assume he does play another 18 more seasons until he's 40...that's an average of 35.6 goals per season.  Considering he hasn't reached 30 yet in two full seasons...that's going to be pretty much an impossible feat to accomplish.

You're basically asking him to roughly have 3x 50G, 10x 40G and 5x 20G seasons.

Considering only 7 players all-time have reach that mark, I'm going to say a hard no on him accomplishing that.  Not that he's not a good player, but you re asking way too much of him.   Guys like Lemieux, Messier, Yzerman, Selanne, Robitaille have not reached that in the golden years.  Sorry to kill your buzz, aint' gonna happen.

But if you want to bet a 100$ on that, hey, i'm all-in.

Edited by timberz21
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

So if we can use a per 82 pace,  then we can call Jake a 20 goal guy?

Sure whatever floats your boat - add Sutter and Ferland and J.T. Miller and EP and LE and Goldobin and Pearson and Bear and we have nine 20 goal scorers potentially on the team right?

10 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Ok.  Cool.

But has he scored 30?  I dont care if he was on pace to do it or not.  Durability is an important factor if the whole thread is dedicated to predicting how many goals he will score.

Markus Naslund lost 1.5 of his prime years due to lockout.  Do we say "ahhh....well he was on pace for 1000pts so well just say hes one and call it good enough"

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

Ok.  Cool.

But has he scored 30?  I dont care if he was on pace to do it or not.  Durability is an important factor if the whole thread is dedicated to predicting how many goals he will score.

Markus Naslund lost 1.5 of his prime years due to lockout.  Do we say "ahhh....well he was on pace for 1000pts so well just say hes one and call it good enough"

Can’t wait for a couple seasons to go by so that durability question can be put to rest.  His rookie year was derailed by a freak accident - one that left him barely able to get out of bed and dress himself.  It’s really too bad as at the time people were talking about Boeser hitting 50 (that was his pace before the all-star break).  His summer training was affected and it took a few months for him to hit his stride again - last March down the stretch when EP and him were targeted relentlessly and when the games mattered more he was a PPG player.   Don’t think it will take any time for him to hit his stride this year - and also he takes his fitness and off ice training a lot more seriously now then before he was injured.   His own words.  Hired a nutritionist even.  Given he’s on a bridge contract that could turn him into a hundred millionaire before his career is out - he’s going to try and prove he can play every game and show management and the league he’s a rising star.  

Guys that argue he hasn’t scored 30 yet and therefore isn’t a 30 goal scorer are being naive or possibly trolling.   Of course he’s a 30 goal scorer - just like Lemuiex was a 50 goal scorer at least in his prime when he was injured.   He’s barely getting started. 

Edit: Just curious how many goals do you think he will score this season?

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

Ok.  Cool.

Lol. Nevermind.  Ya no difference there <_<

I am not predicting points by " on pace " statistics... I am predicting Boeser would have scored that last goal in 13 games if he had not broken his back. 

Edited by cuporbust