The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

3 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Is Jimbo and Aquaman Scouting new locations in bc for the Comets? With these preseason games.

I’m hoping.

FAQ owns the arena in Abbotsford.

This one game might pay for its yearly costs? :huh: 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn't our agreement with the Comets over too?  Maybe we can move them to Abbotsford next season?  

I'm sure I read it was extended...

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

If you think Motte is getting waived over Goldobin based on their play this pre season.. 

Motte over Fantenberg 9 times out 9.

Motte, Fantenburg & Eriksson on that list. My guess. But they waived Gagner last year, which surprised me?

Asset manage Gaudette to Utica.

Real loser Goldobin.

Not a loss Schaller. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

FAQ owns the arena in Abbotsford.

This one game might pay for its yearly costs? :huh: 

Motte, Fantenburg & Eriksson on that list. My guess. But they waived Gagner last year, which surprised me?

Asset manage Gaudette to Utica.

Real loser Goldobin.

Not a loss Schaller. 

Waive Eriksson and I bet he retires before he'll go to Utica this way we can keep Gaudette

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Eriksson, $2m retained + Goldobin for Boedker....just saying....

LE has been paid a $4 mill bonus already & has only $1 mill in salary left.

LOLOL, That is actually $1 mill in free money for Ottawa.  Plus the $3 mill they save on Boedkers salary.

Melnyk is just wing nut enough to do it... (but I don't think it works that way, can only retain 50% of the $1 mill salary?)

36 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Anyone else concerned about this "illness" Ferland continues to battle?

The concussion history has me a little uncomfortable with the whole thing. Article is from December 2018. 

https://www.tsn.ca/ferland-on-concussions-i-m-very-concerned-1.1224477

Carolina Hurricanes winger Micheal Ferland is expected to return to the team's lineup on Tuesday night after a four-game absence due to a concussion. Ferland was taken off injured reserve Monday, but said he is cognizant of the risks associated with playing after sustaining his second concussion “I mean, you’ve got to be concerned,” Ferland told the Raleigh News Observer. “It’s your life.” The 26-year-old leads the Hurricanes with 11 goals this season and has 15 points through 24 games. He also leads the team with 81 hits this season and Ferland recognizes his physical style could lead to more head injuries. "A hundred percent, you have to be concerned," Ferland said. "I’m very concerned.” Ferland last played on Nov. 27 against the Montreal Canadiens. He logged 12:37 of ice time in the contest over 20 shifts and completed the game, but started feeling off afterward. “I think I finished the night with five hits and after the game something didn’t feel right,” the Canes forward said Monday. “I had concussion symptoms, feeling in a fog, things like that.” The Hurricanes winger acknowledged he could have hid his symptoms from the team and league, since there was nothing in the game film to suggest he was injured, but said he knew the risks of playing with a playing with a head injury. “But you’re more vulnerable to getting real hurt,” Ferland said. “After the Montreal game I wasn’t feeling good. If I had kept playing and I’d have taken a serious hit... That’s where the concern is.” A veteran of 274 NHL contests, Ferland sustained his first concussion in 2014 while with the Calgary Flames.  He spent Monday's practice on a line with Clark Bishop and Brock McGinn.

I am concerned about his health. Having multiple concussions myself I can tell you a realistic timeline for healing your brain is more like a year. Even then you will be really hesitant engage in contact. Look at Baertchi. His injury was around Dec/ Jan of last year. He is only just able to play. I can tell from Ferlands interviews how he is struggling to come up with the right words or finish sentences at times that he is still experiencing severe concussion symptoms.  I still think he can be a good player for the Canucks but I think he needs more time off. I would keep him rested until after Christmas then let him join the team healthy. Its not worth risking his career just so he can start playing when the season starts. The Canucks committed to having him long term. They should do the right thing and give his brain more rest. 

We have extra forwards this season to fill spots. Make trades as needed 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Beartchi Horvat Pearson 

Eriksson Gaudette Sutter 

Leivo Beagle Motte 

Goldobin

IR - Roussel Ferland 

17 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

You are correct.

https://arenadigest.com/2019/01/02/utica-comets-vancouver-canucks-announce-extension/

Technically the Comets are owned by the Canucks, but play under management that is led by former AHL, NHL and U.S. Olympic goaltender Robert Esche. That six-season arrangement took effect prior to the 2013-14 season, and will continue under the newly announced extension. The deal in place will allow for an extension of up to an additional six years.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The Wife and I are looking forward to taking in the game at the Abbotsford Centre tonight. Nice to have it close to home!

Go Canucks Go! :towel:

Me and my son are there. Look for Horvat and Pettersson in the stands. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

LE has been paid a $4 mill bonus already & has only $1 mill in salary left.

LOLOL, That is actually $1 mill in free money for Ottawa.  Plus the $3 mill they save on Boedkers salary.

Melnyk is just wing nut enough to do it... (but I don't think it works that way, can only retain 50% of the $1 mill salary?)

Yup, and if we're covering 1/3 of it, It would mean Melnyk only needs to shell out $666K this year instead of $3m for Boedker. Deferring $2.33m a whole year.

They'd basically get two years of Eriksson (the initial $666k plus next years $4m x 66% = $2.64m) for similar, differed money, as one year of Boedker (along with the higher cap hit to appear more 'competitive') and filling out their roster.

• Haha 1

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Awesome! Yeah, we are fortunate.

We get to see a great lineup tonight!

We are stoked its gonna be a zoo. Had Abbotsford Heat season tickets when they were here. The Manitoba Moose games were legendary. This town would support the Comets as well or better than Utica. The corporate sponsorship alone here would be huge. I get the travel thing but with the California teams starting up it wouldnt be nearly as bad.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Borvat said:

We are stoked its gonna be a zoo. Had Abbotsford Heat season tickets when they were here. The Manitoba Moose games were legendary. This town would support the Comets as well or better than Utica. The corporate sponsorship alone here would be huge. I get the travel thing but with the California teams starting up it wouldnt be nearly as bad.

I’m not trying to be a wise guy but what CORPORATIONS do you have in Abbotsford?