The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 30 players - Sept. 23, 2019

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

EFKYpTsX4AAdizn?format=jpg&name=large

Some familiar names in there. I love how hard LA was trying to sell Frk during the broadcast. They spent a little while talking about depth with potential. Then he gets waived :(

Surprised LA decided to keep Campbell. He was a sieve - less than a sieve than our AHL goalies.

I'd rather have Sutter than Gudbranson, every day of the week.  And I was against the Sutter trade from the start of the rumour of it.  IF anything, this teaches us that sometimes all those scratch lotto tickets that are draft picks are as volatile as some of the gambles you make on prospects in other teams systems.  Plan accordingly, and learn from the mistakes for next time.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

The JB haters are starting to run out of Benning failures.  Not only that, but with Clendenning also on waivers, the Sutter trade has now suddenly become...

Sutter + Lockwood for Gudbranson + prospect

:lol:

I'm not sure I follow.

The Kesler to Bonino to Sutter deal....

The Kesler to McCann (+pick) to Gud - to Pearson deal....

It would appear to me that what has happened is that 1/3 of the Kesler deal has lead to Pearson in the end....

While another 1/3 of the Kesler deal has lead to Sutter.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I don't see how the Sutter for Gudbranson angle adds up.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Crimson said:

When you claim someone don't they have to play with the NHL team?

Splitting hairs here, but while they don't have to play that player, they do have to keep them on their NHL roster or re-expose them.

Either that or try the Leafs circumvention of the CBA by press-boxing that player so long you can claim they need a 'conditioning stint' (which made a literal mockery of the CBA).

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm not sure I follow.

The Kesler to Bonino to Sutter deal....

The Kesler to McCann (+pick) to Gud - to Pearson deal....

It would appear to me that what has happened is that 1/3 of the Kesler deal has lead to Pearson in the end....

While another 1/3 of the Kesler deal has lead to Sutter.

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I don't see how Sutter the for Gudbranson angle adds up.

Clendenning was part of the Pitt/Ana trade with Perron for Hagelin, who was then sent to LA for Pearson.  Didn't include the Kesler aspect, started with the Bonino trade.

Lots of decent depth dmen. If they all clear, most likely Biega clears.

Frk might be close to Goldy, so if he clears, likely Goldy would as well.

Hannikainen is a decent 4th liner. I think if he clears, Leivo has a decent chance of clearing, but Leivo is a step above. Schaller should clear though.

Of course it's all about timing because if a team gets an unfortunate injury or what not, then suddenly a waiver pick up could become more valuable.

Only name I would kick the tires on there if we needed the depth (which we don't at this point) is Claesson or Hannikainen.