The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Justin Faulk, 2020 5th-round pick to Blues for Joel Edmundson, Dominik Bokk, 2021 7th-round pick

I like the deal for St Louis.  Hard not to like a right side of Pietrangelo, Parayko and Faulk - is there a better RHD group in the NHL?

Carolina - not a bad return, but Edmondson is a pending UFA next summer, and Bokk = a late 1st, relatively low percentage prospect - lots of contingency.  I think they continue to downgrade overall (don't like the Lindholm/Hanifin deal at all, don't really care for this deal, particularly if they fail, again, to re-sign Edmondson, and I'm not a fan of Gardiner, although I will wait to see what he looks like beside a Pesce before pretending to assess his fit in Carolina).  

Hanifin, Faulk, DeHaan, Fox....out.

Edmondson, one year of term, Hamilton two, Ferland gone....

Don't really like that team's trajectory as much as before the present ownership and the departure of Ron Francis.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, mll said:

Murray was irate with owner Dundon - he accused him of leaking the info.  The quotes are in the other thread.  Wonder if that didn't play a role in Anaheim not making an offer to Faulk.  

Faulk had 15 team NTC. He wouldn't waive for ANA unless they agreed to extension before the trade. 

STL agreed to 7 year 6.5 mill per year extension. 

Edited by WHL rocks

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I can't remember the number, but a high percentage of players that elect arbitration end up traded or gone in their first UFA year.

I guess that's when a player gets to know what management really thinks of him. Being told how much you suck and are a drain on the team for hours on end may create some bad blood. 

18 minutes ago, R3aL said:

What did the Stanley cup champs need.. another dman oh ya why not! 

Dont get get why the jets weren’t all over this.

Laine to Carolina for a solid package and a dman made so much sense for everyone IMO.

maybe Faulk didnt wanna go to WPG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This probably has something to do with him not really wanting to head out west and having his family uprooted. STL is kind of in the middle if that. I can imagine Vancouver was also on the no trade list along with Winnipeg (lack of doing anything good this summer for their team), LA maybe? Security seemed like a total must for this player and even the cup champs needed to sign him to a 7 year extension just to get him.

• Upvote 1