The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Captain Bo?

Rate this topic

Jaimito

7 hours ago, Keenan's Moustache said:

Yeah, Iain McIntyre confirmed it on SN 650 just now..... worst-kept secret in Vancouver.  Great choice though :towel:

When Petey and Bess are calling Bo “cap” on a Cunuck’s produced video, it’s kind of obvious the players know the decision has been made.  Should have been done last October.  Have we ever had a year without a captain before last season?  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

When Petey and Bess are calling Bo “cap” on a Cunuck’s produced video, it’s kind of obvious the players know the decision has been made.  Should have been done last October.  Have we ever had a year without a captain before last season?  

'74-75, and 90-91 where they had "Tri-Captains" which I'm sorry but that's just 3 alternates.

Love Bo as a choice, but EP, though young, is already a challenger.

In another year, I don’t think it will be a question of who is the team’s leader, if it’s not already apparent. The 50-year party and the fans desire to finally have a captain on this team are likely why a decision would be made this year. 

I’m not in the room, but I think it’s a tough call not to wait on EP to give the 50-year season a captain.

It won’t be a mistake, not at all. Bo is awesome. I just think EP is naturally the team’s heart. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

52 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Love Bo as a choice, but EP, though young, is already a challenger.

In another year, I don’t think it will be a question of who is the team’s leader, if it’s not already apparent. The 50-year party and the fans desire to finally have a captain on this team are likely why a decision would be made this year. 

I’m not in the room, but I think it’s a tough call not to wait on EP to give the 50-year season a captain.

It won’t be a mistake, not at all. Bo is awesome. I just think EP is naturally the team’s heart. 

I disagree. Petey is a great player and is a key player, but Bo is the heart and soul of the team. He has carried them on his back even during the Sedin's last season

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Ladies and gentlemen presenting your new captain of your Vancouver Canucks...BOOOOOOOOO.... ALEXANDER EDLEEEEEEEER

Fact is, no one on the Canucks management has said for sure. In fact Green once was quoted declaring how there are a few veterans that might deserve it.....he even mentioned LE!

Ladies and gentlemen presenting your new captain of your Vancouver Canucks...BOOOOOOOOO.... LOUIE LITTLE THINGS ERIKSSON!

Seriously though, if they dared to nominate Edler, Tanev, Sutter, even Brock or Elias, there'd be another riot.