The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, thrago said:

No I didn't I said hopefully he will learn from this and that if he doesn't he obviously needs more guidance in life. Go back and reread what I said.

my original point is in the end he will be a better person having learnt a lesson on what is expectable and not.   

There's no defending what he did. Its immature garbage, I think this puts its perfectly:

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It's low class trash and unbecoming a pro NHL payer. .

It doesn't make it any better that he didn't alert the team of this, leaving them blindsided. He's gunna have to answer for this, and mature from this. I certainly don't think what he said to media today was sufficient. 

I don't think he should be demonized forever, he should be allowed the opportunity (if he accepts responsibility) to learn & grow from this. But it starts with him.

Like others have said we've all done something stupid (difference being we're regular folk, not elite pro athletes), so I have room for forgiveness. I've done stupid **** too, when I was even younger & dumber than I currently am. But, its gotta start with him owning it. We'll see where this goes. 

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

There's no defending what he did. Its immature garbage, I think this puts its perfectly:

It doesn't make it any better that he didn't alert the team of this, leaving them blindsided. He's gunna have to answer for this, and mature from this. I certainly don't think what he said to media today was sufficient. 

I don't think he should be demonized forever, he should be allowed the opportunity (if he accepts responsibility) to learn & grow from this. But it starts with him.

Like others have said we've all done something stupid (difference being we're regular folk, not elite pro athletes), so I have room for forgiveness. I've done stupid **** too, when I was even younger & dumber than I currently am. But, its gotta start with him owning it. We'll see where this goes. 

Ya he's not owning it. His statement was a lawyer prepared statement. 

Leafs mgmt must be choked he didn't tell them. They found out thru media like everyone else..

He was hoping to get the C and knew he wouldn't if he told them..so kept it secret. 

I think they would have given him the C in the upcoming week or two. 

Should have been Tavares as C anyways. That guy is all class.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya he's not owning it. His statement was a lawyer prepared statement. 

Leafs mgmt must be choked he didn't tell them. They found out thru media like everyone else..

He was hoping to get the C and knew he wouldn't if he told them..so kept it secret. 

I think they would have given him the C in the upcoming week or two. 

Should have been Tavares as C anyways. That guy is all class.  

Yeah I agree the Leafs must be pissed. I would be if I was them, they take great pride in the representing the antithesis of what this represents. I can't imagine they're thrilled with him, and trying to cover makes it even worse. 

You think they would've given him the C eh? I completely agree on Tavares. I can appreciate why Matthews would be considered but to me Tavares was always the right choice. Completely agree there. He's been a 'C' before, he's signed long term, he's more equipt for the role that than Matthews. (Which I thought before this broke, now its even more clear).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, riffraff said:

I assume you’re a guy.

all I’m saying is put yourself in the position of a woman, alone, at night and some big guy is going at your car door if only for a few seconds.

if you’re honest with yourself I’d bet you’d be scared no matter your gender at least at first.  And imo nobody has the right to scare another.

that is all I am asking people to recognize.

as I said earlier, I have a wife and two daughters and if another person scares them for even a second they’re gonna pay for it.

I 100% understand it isn't acceptable and there are consequences. But jail time? Like c'mon. If thats what you can go to jail for now-a-days its laughable. My argument and issue is people making it into something its not. He was being an idiot not a criminal.. And yes, because its was towards a female it is going to get blown out of proportion. Sure she was scared and that isn't right. Everyone should always feel safe. It wasn't reported that they harassed her. All my point is, is what Matthews did isn't cool at all but things tend to get overblown, especially if you are a public figure. I have a sister too, and if anyone did that I'd say it isn't cool but it isn't something that needs jail time or a fight over. They didn't cross that line. Again, just my opinion.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Its her job. 

She had to talk to them and tell them what they did was wrong.

She's a war veteran and at the time she was working on guard duty. .

If this lady can face the Taliban or ISIS she can face a cpl drunk trailer park trash goofs. 

She obviously would be startled. Im over 6'1ft 210lbs i can completly and comfortably  handle my self..but I too would be startled at first.  Every one would..except for Khabib Nurmagomedov He'd smash them. 

But once she got her witts about her she goes back to her training. 

She doesn't have the luxury of starting her car leaving and call security. 

She is the security..

And after being startled she refocuses and recognized him. She reminded him of his behaviour at which time he pulled his pants down squeezed his butt cheeks at her..

Context matters.  Who cares boxers on or off. Or even pants on. Just bending over squeezing his arse just shows what a piece of trailer park trash low value goof he is. He's classless. 

But we all have our own values system..

BTW

I cheer for the Leafs. I pretty much live in Toronto Edmonton and Vancouver going back and forth.

I cheer for all Canadian NHL teams. I often get accused of being a secret Leafs fan or Oilers fan on this forum.  Which I never deny because I do cheer for those teams.

And in Marner contract thread I was on here saying how good a player Matthews is... better than Marner...

But this behaviour is reduculous. It's low class trash and unbecoming a pro NHL payer. .

That comment was because Alf said she was frightened from this incident, which I didn't believe because if she was frightened hence my comment she wouldn't of got out of the vehicle then :lol:.  

Security guards aren't police, if a situation occurs and they feel frightened or threatened they're actually not suppose to engage instead call the proper authority to deal with the issue.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Keep it in context.  

A random drunk guy mooning the world?  Whatever.  Fool.

A "targeted" attempt to open a woman's car door in the wee hours to see her reaction followed by that complete show of disrespect?  We're not offended...just pointing out that it isn't acceptable.

It isn't acceptable Deb 100%. I never said it was. But potential jail time? Seems extreme to me. All my point was the situation being blown out of proportion, not with regards to what he did, but the things people said he could have done. The "What if's" people. 

7 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

People have consequences for their actions.   A mistake is taking a wrong turn.  When you're drunk, target someone "to get a reaction" (aka scaring the crap out of them in the wee hours) it's something more than "oops".  They might come back at you - and she did.  

She reported it - she didn't run to the news.

This lady would likely know it's "you're".  Don't like to go there, but you left the door wide open when you hinted that someone else was a moron.

Well played Deb! 

We may disagree sometimes on things outside of hockey(who doesn't), but at least we both agree on the Canucks!!

Cheers!

Watched the video. 

So not only did he pull his pants down towards this lady according to Auston Mathews friend he was walking around Scottsdale doing that all night. 

Funny thing is Mathews' dad was called by building manager and responded by claiming his son would never do something like that implying the lady security guard was lying.

So building manager goes hold the phone whIle I send you a video of your son doing exactly  what he would never do.. lmao.  owned....

• Upvote 1

Seems like the lady security guard was being reasonable.  She just wanted him to own it and apologize.

Instead she was accused of being a liar even by Austons dad. So they sent him the video to prove she wasn't a liar and then called the police. 

Police would not have been involved if the Matthews would have owned it.

Serves them right. Only them selves to  blame for this mess. 

Could have been dealt with a I'm sorry it won't happen again. 

• Upvote 2

Que "the Trade"

I was watching TSN and Babcock said he is disappointed, Matthews got on the scoresheet against the Habs, but you could tell he's not dealing well with this either. He's got a tough road ahead and I think the Leafs deal him to avoid the distraction. 

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Que "the Trade"

I was watching TSN and Babcock said he is disappointed, Matthews got on the scoresheet against the Habs, but you could tell he's not dealing well with this either. He's got a tough road ahead and I think the Leafs deal him to avoid the distraction. 

Lol no way they trade a super star like him. 

All the eastern media is trying to down play it and cover for him but good luck with that.

It's in USA today and on TMZ. Which means all segments of society is hearing about this not just hockey fans.  

All he had to do was say sorry instead of accusing the security lady of lieing. 

• Upvote 1