The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

I used to have a cap with the logo "INSTANT IDIOT—JUST ADD ALCOHOL" written on it, and I'm a little embarrassed to say that at times I proved it. By the time was around Matthews age I'd settled down but still had the occasional blip. I would imagine that on many levels he's totally ashamed of what he did. I think an apology to the security guard, his teammates and fans would be quite sufficient to put this to rest. There's no need to make a circus out of it.

Here's the full police report in case anyone was curious:

I doubt most of us would be proud of trying to break into someone's car while they're inside for the sake of getting a reaction from them, laughing them off when they tell you they have PTSD, and then dropping your pants.

It's not the very worst thing Matthews could have done in that situation, but I'd expect more maturity from him, even if he was drunk.

12 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Here's the full police report in case anyone was curious:

I doubt most of us would be proud of trying to break into someone's car while they're inside for the sake of getting a reaction from them, laughing them off when they tell you they have PTSD, and then dropping your pants.

It's not the very worst thing Matthews could have done in that situation, but I'd expect more maturity from him, even if he was drunk.

Oh lighten up

Why would you be working a security job when suffering from PTSD anyways?

Makes no sense

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Imagine if she was an armed guard and really felt threatened....

And if it was Anthony Duclair instead of Auston Matthews.

Yeah I went there. :lol:

The big take away from this story is he's pi**ed away his chance at being named captain. The quicker the Leafs slap the C on Tavares or Riley the better.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Doing that to a lady especially  2am. How can any kid do that let alone suppsed future captain of an NHL team. 

Makes me wanna stop following this sport. But Horvat is a wonderful young man. On and off the ice. Hes what's good about this game..

This news makes me sick..

Man if it was my son I'd slap him silly. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Just like the leafs in round one.

I don't get how that's even a thing you can get charged for.

He chucked a moon. Big deal.

That is is just so gutter. 

I'd fix the kid up if that was my sister or mother working late at night..

Do we not have morals anymore.  

This is an absolutely dispaccable act.  Gross.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Doing that to a lady especially  2am. How can any kid do that let alone suppsed future captain of an NHL team. 

Makes me wanna stop following this sport. But Horvat is a wonderful young man. On and off the ice. Hes what's good about this game..

This news makes me sick..

Man if it was my son I'd slap him silly. 

Agreed, the guy is a joke. He reeks of privilege. I can't stand the sight of his stupid 70s moustache, like he's acting out for not being able to grow facial hair when Lou Lamoriello was running the show. There is no way he should be captain of an NHL franchise, and if he is, it's fitting that it's the Leafs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

The thing is you hope that, at 22 years old, these guys are showing leadership qualities....not acting like juveniles.

Have fun, but don't act like an ass and embarrass your team.   17 years old?  Sure.  By the time you're getting into your twenties with a good career underway, it's probably time to act like a man not a boy.

It was a female security guard.   For Chrissake...a woman's out there trying to earn a living at 2 am...leave her alone:

Didn’t know it was a girl guard.  Totally agree with you here Deb.  Not that guy guards are fair game, but dropping your pants in front of a female is sexual misconduct, right?  I think if this was a guy guard Matthews dies nothing.  His behaviour in this circumstance is sexually motivated.  That young girl guard was likely friggin’ terrified.  Matthews was with friends, I’m sure.  

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

You're totally overreacting

When I was 15 the commonwealth games were hosted in Victoria. I had the luxury of being on Fort St when the QUEEN ELIZABETH'S motorcade came rolling along 

And I mooned her

I mooned her hard

Slapped my butt and everything

Guess what? There were cops and good citizens everywhere yet nobody gave a &^@#.

So much butthurt in this thread. So much PC snowflakery. 

And I'm totally left wing

Why are people so eager to be offended?

The whole thing is fratboy tomfoolery. Big &^@#ing deal

Lighten up. The kid chucked a moon

Boohoo

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

100% agree.  Matthews, if he was decent, would apologize publicly to that female guard, and tell all his young fans that women are to be respected.  If that guard was a guy no way Matthews does that.  This is sexual, and completely inappropriate.  This guy has a serious problem and deserves to be “tuned up” by that girl’s brothers.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

When I was 15 the commonwealth games were hosted in Victoria. I had the luxury of being on Fort St when the QUEEN ELIZABETH'S motorcade came rolling along 

And I mooned her

I mooned her hard

Guess what? There were cops and good citizens everywhere yet nobody gave a &^@#.

So much butthurt in this thread. So many PC snowflakery. 

Why are people so eager to be offended. 

That's gross.

Obviously you weren't raised with any character and morals. 

Guess it depends on how you're raised and what your values  are..

You do that to my wife sister mom I'd fix you up. Properly. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

And I mooned her

I mooned her hard

So much butthurt in this thread. So many PC snowflakery. 

Why are people so eager to be offended. 

You were 15 and there were people all over.  Matthews is 22 and this girl guard was alone (by herself) at 2 am with young males jiggling her door handle and pulling their pants down.  The girl was likely terrified, and thinking these guys (or guy) might rape her.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, WHL rocks said:

That's gross.

Obviously you weren't raised with any characterand morals. 

Guess it depends on how you're raised and what you feel is right..

You do that to my wife sister mom I'd fix you up. 

Lol

Super scared over here.

Oh no

Internet toughflake

Give it a rest.

I'll let you get all angry over fratboy humour and rest kn this thought - there's a distinct possibility the cops and citizen that witnessed me mooning the queen where all of Irish descent, there's also an equal chance I was such a scary looking &^@#er at 15, none of em wanted me to moon them too.

• Upvote 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

That's gross.

Obviously you weren't raised with any characterand morals. 

Guess it depends on how you're raised and what you feel is right..

You do that to my wife sister mom I'd fix you up. Properly. 

15 is a crazy age.  I did some incredibly stupid stuff at 15.  But at 22 I’m not threatening a young girl at 2am by jiggling her door to see if it’s locked, and then pulling my pants down.  That’s friggin’ sexual assault, and Matthews should be locked up.  What in the hell was he thinking?  He’s either so drunk he’s beyond thought, or he thinks girls like that stuff.  He’s seriously messed up in the head.  

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

And I mooned her

I mooned her hard

So much butthurt in this thread. So much PC snowflakery. 

Why are people so eager to be offended?

Lighten up. The kid chucked a moon

Boohoo

In isolation, Matthews mooning someone wouldn't be such a huge deal, at least for me.

People are unhappy about how he allegedly tried to break into an innocent person's car just to get a reaction from them. It would still be worth criticizing even if he hadn't pulled down his pants.