The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You were 15 and there were people all over.  Matthews is 22 and this girl guard was alone (by herself) at 2 am with young males jiggling her door handle and pulling their pants down.  The girl was likely terrified, and thinking these guys (or guy) might rape her.  

Too much snowflake in that post alf

Put the leafs hate aside and just think of what actually happened. 

If you can't handle being a security guard, don't take the job. 

Edited by luckylager

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You were 15 and there were people all over.  Matthews is 22 and this girl guard was alone (by herself) at 2 am with young males jiggling her door handle and pulling their pants down.  The girl was likely terrified, and thinking these guys (or guy) might rape her.  

Do we know that "friends" means it was just men? It says that later one of Matthews' friends was there with a girl. Obviously the context of this changes if there was a woman present who could vouch that it was a prank. 

5 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

In isolation, Matthews mooning someone wouldn't be such a huge deal, at least for me.

People are unhappy about how he allegedly tried to break into an innocent person's car just to get a reaction from them. It would still be worth criticizing even if he hadn't pulled down his pants.

Maybe he was so drunk he was falling over and grabbed the handle to hold himself up.

This is such a minor infraction.. peeps gotta chill

Edited by luckylager

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You're totally overreacting

When I was 15 the commonwealth games were hosted in Victoria. I had the luxury of being on Fort St when the QUEEN ELIZABETH'S motorcade came rolling along 

And I mooned her

I mooned her hard

Slapped my butt and everything

Guess what? There were cops and good citizens everywhere yet nobody gave a &^@#.

So much butthurt in this thread. So much PC snowflakery. 

And I'm totally left wing

Why are people so eager to be offended?

The whole thing is fratboy tomfoolery. Big &^@#ing deal

Lighten up. The kid chucked a moon

Boohoo

You're too old to be this dense. You also seem to get pretty easily irritated for someone calling people snowflakes, which has to be the laziest insult on the internet.

People don't need to be personally offended to know that what he did was stupid.

If you think that mooning the queen in broad daylight in front of dozens of security personnel is a good comparison to a woman sitting alone at 2am while drunk men that are the size of Matthews are trying to get into your car then maybe you should just sit out of adult conversations for a while.

He didn't do anything serious. But, for the person sitting in her car, for at least a few seconds I imagine she was probably pretty nervous about what was happening, and you'd have to be an idiot to think that she was going to also think it was funny.

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Doesn't sound like the kinda citizen we would want in Canada, especially if he ends up with a crimainal record. Interesting to see how the league andd the Leafs deal with this moving forward considering what just happened in New England with the Patriots

As per TSN's article on it, Disorderly conduct is a Class 1 misdemeanor in Arizona, which carries a maximum of six month in jail and up to a $2,500 fine.

Imagine if he somehow ended up getting the maximum of six months in jail? ... Would that time away still count against the Leaf's cap?

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Too much snowflake in that post alf

Put the leafs hate aside and just think of what actually happened. 

If you can't handle being a security guard, don't take the job. 

13 bucks an hour is likely what this young girl gets paid.  If it was a guy guard do you think Matthews (and his friends) behave like that?  I don’t think I’m a snowflake (well maybe?) but when it comes to guys terrifying girls I get kind of testy.  I would think most girls would be scared in that circumstance.  She’s a security guard not a police officer.  She has a phone to call 911, not a gun.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

You're too old to be this dense.

People don't need to be personally offended to know that what he did was stupid.

If you think that mooning the queen in broad daylight in front of dozens of security personnel is a good comparison to a woman sitting alone at 2am while drunk men that are the size of Matthews are trying to get into your car then maybe you should just sit out of adult conversations for a while.

He didn't do anything serious. But, for the person sitting in her car, for at least a few seconds I imagine she was probably pretty nervous about what was happening, and you'd have to be an idiot to think that she was going to also think it was funny.

Maybe she's not cut out to be a security then.

Too bad she wasn't armed. Then everybody could just be freaking out about Matthews being gunned down for being a drunken frat boy.

I'm not defending what he did. I'm just saying 99.4% of people are making this way too big of a deal.

It's a misdemeanour.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Toews said:

Do we know that "friends" means it was just men? It says that later one of Matthews' friends was there with a girl. Obviously the context of this changes if there was a woman present who could vouch that it was a prank. 

I don’t know the entire story.  However, if this girl guard was alone, and in her car at 2 am with Matthews and his friends jiggling her door handle while pulling their pants down, I’d say she would be darned scared.  She’s not a police officer.  Guys need to be respectful of women, don’t they?  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Sounds like a weird incident, jiggling door handle and exposing underwear??? Kids these days. 

Not  a kid, the so called future Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs with a 11.6 million dollar multi year contract. Your kidding me if you think this is no big deal

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The thing that stands out for me is this.  I don't care if drunk 20 somethings are out carousing...happens.  Sometimes they do funny stuff.

Being in a group and traumatizing a woman in the middle of the night...whether she's on the job or not...is NOT cool.  EVER.  Not funny.  Not nice.  Not mature.  Not impressive. 

To see her reaction??  Wth???  

Pack mentality.  Don't like it.

If they walked by and mooned her...whatever.  But the pretending to try to get into the car stuff?  Come on.  Lucky they didn't get shot at.

She’s just a security guard Deb.  She doesn’t have a gun.  She’s got a phone, and can report what’s happening.  She calls 911 if she needs police support.  It’s almost unbelievable that Matthews wouldn’t know how scared that young girl would have been.  Bloody publicly apologize.  Then say you will teach other young men to not do that to women.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Too bad she wasn't armed. Then everybody could just be freaking out about Matthews being gunned down for being a drunken frat boy.

I'm not defending what he did. I'm just saying 99.4% of people are making this way too big of a deal.

It's a misdemeanour.

This point was already explain to you by Marchand so I'm not going to repeat what he said. 

Just because you work a certain job doesn't mean you consent to people being allowed to treat you poorly with no repercussions. 

Is she cut out to be a security guard? Maybe not. That doesn't really entitle Matthews to be a dick though. 

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The thing that stands out for me is this.  I don't care if drunk 20 somethings are out carousing...happens.  Sometimes they do funny stuff.

Being in a group and traumatizing a woman in the middle of the night...whether she's on the job or not...is NOT cool.  EVER.  Not funny.  Not nice.  Not mature.  Not impressive. 

To see her reaction??  Wth???  

Pack mentality.  Don't like it.

If they walked by and mooned her...whatever.  But the pretending to try to get into the car stuff?  Come on.  Lucky they didn't get shot at.  

What's saying they even knew it was a "she" in the car?

"Hey bro,hold my beer, I'm gonna &^@# with that security car, it'll be hilarious"

"Oh crap it's a chick! Pull up your pants!"

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I will say, though...this is something I'm thinking.  

I couldn't do it.  And someone with PTSD could really be triggered - the wee hours in isolation?  Nope.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

She’s just a security guard Deb.  She doesn’t have a gun.  She’s got a phone, and can report what’s happening.  She calls 911 if she needs police support.  It’s almost unbelievable that Matthews wouldn’t know how scared that young girl would have been.  Bloody publicly apologize.  Then say you will teach other young men to not do that to women.  

I totally believe that Matthews had no idea that he was going to scare her. He definitely thought he was just playing a prank. The problem is that he is an idiot like most hockey players. This is completely unsurprising to me. Doesn't make it okay either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, luckylager said:

What's saying they even knew it was a "she" in the car?

"Hey bro,hold my beer, I'm gonna &^@# with that security car, it'll be hilarious"

"Oh crap it's a chick! Pull up your pants!"

He lived in the building so I'm thinking he might have known?  But you could be right.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Agreed, the guy is a joke. He reeks of privilege. I can't stand the sight of his stupid 70s moustache, like he's acting out for not being able to grow facial hair when Lou Lamoriello was running the show. There is no way he should be captain of an NHL franchise, and if he is, it's fitting that it's the Leafs.

Should be suspended to make a point that this is not the NFL, that the NHL has more class then that kinda crap

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1