The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

He lived in the building so I'm thinking he might have known?  But you could be right.

The report / claim says he dropped his pants and squeezed his butt cheeks as he was walking away. Video evidence will hopefully be the tell all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I will say, though...this is something I'm thinking.  

I couldn't do it.  And someone with PTSD could really be triggered - the wee hours in isolation?  Nope.

Yeah

I just wouldn't take a job as a security guard for a whole bunch of reasons, but whatever.

I'm clearly in the minority in not thinking this is a big deal. Like at all.

Just now, Alflives said:

I don’t know the entire story.  However, if this girl guard was alone, and in her car at 2 am with Matthews and his friends jiggling her door handle while pulling their pants down, I’d say she would be darned scared.  She’s not a police officer.  Guys need to be respectful of women, don’t they?  

None of us do, which is why rushing to judgement is often a bad idea.

I remember my college days and there were many days where I could not remember what happened the night before. I know I have done some stupid stuff while under the influence, maybe even mildly criminal :ph34r:, but it was never meant with any malicious intent towards another human being. I cannot say if there was any intent to do harm here, maybe it was just a case of coincidentally picking the worst target to prank. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

As a guy, you've likely not had that sinking feeling of possibly being in a vulnerable position and not knowing how it's going to end.  Shaking as you wonder how you're going to get out of it.  For those split seconds, you have no idea if it's what you're hoping or something much worse.

It isn't nice.

So sure...if it's a bunch of guys doing dumb stuff....have at'er.

But don't direct that at a woman, on her own, in the wee hours.  That crosses the line.

When I was younger Deb, I had a lady (I didn’t know her from Adam) come up to me and say I had really nice legs, and she couldn’t stop staring at them.  I got really freaked out.  I told my older sister, and she said girls got comments like that all too often from guys.  I really don’t think most men truly understand how they make girls feel when they say or do really sexual things.  I kind of get it, but (in the back of my mind I’m not threatened because I’m stronger) but I really don’t believe any guy can truly understand.  Guys, leave women the hell alone, and don’t do or say sexual stuff towards them.  If that was my daughter in that car I’d be wanting a piece of Matthews for scaring her.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lol

He hasn't given a statement has he?

Guess I didn't finish reading the article because it's just too &^@#ing stupid.

He should apologize to the girl guard.  Maybe he has already, and this is all moot?  I kind of get upset when women are being treated badly.  

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

He should apologize to the girl guard.  Maybe he has already, and this is all moot?  I kind of get upset when women are being treated badly.  

Holy crap

I just watched the report on SN

After the guys rattled her door, "she got out of the car to confront the men"

So much dumb going on there.

"I'm scared so I'm gonna get out of my car and question this group of men"

$&!#s not adding up

We live in a climate where bad behaviour is being outed and is no longer acceptable.  There are personal boundaries and drunk guys in groups can no longer hyuck it up if it's at someone else's expense.  Times are changing.

Do I think some of it goes too far?  Possibly.

Do I feel that this woman doesn't sound to be best suited for this job in the environment she's in (likely isolated, wee hours, PTSD)?  Probably.  As stated, I wouldn't do it.  But maybe it's the only job she could get.  Maybe she was desperate for work.  

So sure....stuff does come with that job.  But stuff comes with being a 22 year old drunk guy, too.  Responsibilities on both ends. 

It's not a big deal but on that night in that situation for her...it probably was.  Bullying is no longer ok.  Even if it's 3 stooges funny to some.

Not a big deal...but for a woman who doesn't know in the moment if it is or isn't...it is.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Holy crap

$&!#s not adding up

That part didn't add up to me either quite frankly.  But...it's her job and so maybe she was trying to bravely do it?   Fight or flight or fright or whatever that thing that kicks in.  Do or die...them or me.  Because if you sit in the car and they DO have bad intentions, you're a sitting duck?

If you haven't ever been a woman in a similar situation...you probably can't understand.  Hell, even a man in something similar...where you're outnumbered and just don't know the intent of those approaching you.  In a car, you feel safe...until the door handle starts jiggling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Holy crap

$&!#s not adding up

She sounds like one tough girl.  Not too smart though.  She shouldn’t confront a group of drunk young men without backup from properly trained and equipped police.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Yeah I dunno deb

Feeling like somebody wants money and their 15 minutes of fame 

You think she recognized AM, and knew she was safe, so added fuel to the fire by getting out of her car?  I don’t know.  As a guy we feel strong enough to take care of stuff.  As a women I would wonder about that same feeling of strength.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

That part didn't add up to me either quite frankly.  But...it's her job and so maybe she was trying to bravely do it?   Fight or flight or fright or whatever that thing that kicks in.  Do or die...them or me.  Because if you sit in the car and they DO have bad intentions, you're a sitting duck?

If you haven't ever been a woman in a similar situation...you probably can't understand.  Hell, even a man in something similar...where you're outnumbered and just don't know the intent of those approaching you.  In a car, you feel safe...until the door handle starts jiggling.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

She sounds like one tough girl.  Not too smart though.  She shouldn’t confront a group of drunk young men without backup from properly trained and equipped police.  

And to think she didn't even pull her taser or baton or pepper spray

Yeah, she must have felt soooooooo threatened.

Pretty sure we just solcedthe case guys. Good work!

4 hours ago, Pickly said:

Oh well big whoop. At least he ain’t out there beating women. This is simply a kid being immature and nothing more. 

Wait, so we're praising him for not beating women then?

Doing stupid things is fine if you're a regular kid. This guy is the face of a franchise. This is absolutely unacceptable, period. He needs to be disciplined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Yeah I dunno deb

Feeling like somebody wants money and their 15 minutes of fame 

I doubt that in that moment she was going "cha-ching".   Maybe afterward...but that's why they're bigger dumbasses than they acted like that night.  They set themselves up nicely for her to cash out of that crappy job.  They did that, not her. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Anyhow...it's his deal now.   

A night of being an ass is now exposed....was it even worth it?  For that few hours of fun.

Fun?  Terrorizing women at 2 am isn’t fun.  It’s sick, and needs to be dealt with by the league.  I’m sure the men in the league office have daughters, and would be wanting Matthew’s head if he did that to their girl.  Hell, I want to friggin’ pound the idiot.  

• Upvote 3

And to think she didn't even pull her taser or baton or pepper spray

Yeah, she must have felt soooooooo threatened.

Pretty sure we just solcedthe case guys. Good work!

You have no idea how frozen things can become in a situation like that.  You "go for it" and it could be drastic.   Did she get out of the other side of the car?  To prepare to run?  Rather than sit and await her fate?  

There are questions for sure.  There wouldn't be if this group of idiots had acted their age, not their shoe sizes.

Fear makes people react in different ways.  I think you're making her out to be a bad guy/girl here.  When she was just trying to do her bloody job - let's focus on the group of drunk idiots who"wanted a reaction".    Seems fair.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I doubt that in that moment she was going "cha-ching".   Maybe afterward...but that's why they're bigger dumbasses than they acted like that night.  They set themselves up nicely for her to cash out of that crappy job.  They did that, not her. 

Regardless Deb.  Matthews didn’t know how this girl would react.  He expected she would “like the attention”.  What the hell kind of thinking is that?  ‘A young women security guard will enjoy us pretending to get into her car and pulling our pants down.’  What normal man thinks that way?  Matthews has serious issues, and (IMO) he needs to have some schooling.   

• Upvote 1