The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Auston Matthews being investigated for disorderly conduct in Scottsdale

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fun?  Terrorizing women at 2 am isn’t fun.  It’s sick, and needs to be dealt with by the league.  I’m sure the men in the league office have daughters, and would be wanting Matthew’s head if he did that to their girl.  Hell, I want to friggin’ pound the idiot.  

Too true, my friend.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You think she recognized AM, and knew she was safe, so added fuel to the fire by getting out of her car?  I don’t know.  As a guy we feel strong enough to take care of stuff.  As a women I would wonder about that same feeling of strength.  

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You have no idea who frozen things become in a situation like that.  You "go for it" and it could be drastic.

Fear makes people react in different ways.  I think you're making her out to be a bad guy/girl here.  When she was just trying to do her bloody job when a group of drunk idiots "wanted a reaction".  

You're right

I hate security guards

And my bias s shining through

I'll leave now

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

You're right

I hate security guards

And my bias s shining through

I'll leave now

Saw a massively huge security guard today at a downtown mall.  Guy had a big smile, and was friendly with me.  No kidding.  I’d be happy and friendly too if I was 6’10 and 300 ponds of perfectly proportioned muscle.  Seriously, this guy was massive!  I ran over his toes, but nothing.  Steel toed boots?  

• Upvote 1

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/simmons-will-matthews-stupidity-and-entitlement-cost-him-leafs-captaincy

This sort of sums up how I feel.  

Not a big deal was the thinking of the past.  Things happen when drunk people (especially in packs) "look for a reaction".  Sometimes things escalate.  

Be drunk, have fun, fall down, be silly.   DON'T direct your attention to someone who isn't a willing participant.  That's the new rule of thumb. 

Auston's learning it the hard way I guess. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lol

Super scared over here.

Oh no

Internet toughflake

Give it a rest.

I'll let you get all angry over fratboy humour and rest kn this thought - there's a distinct possibility the cops and citizen that witnessed me mooning the queen where all of Irish descent, there's also an equal chance I was such a scary looking &^@#er at 15, none of em wanted me to moon them too.

Bro you have no idea. 

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

And to think she didn't even pull her taser or baton or pepper spray

Yeah, she must have felt soooooooo threatened.

Pretty sure we just solcedthe case guys. Good work!

We have only heard one side of the story. Somehow I find it curious that there are group of men but the "victim" only seems to fixate on the guy making 7 figures.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Bro you have no idea

I've got no idea about a lot of stuff

But I know beyond the shadow of a doubt you're just looking for something to be a wanker about.

We've done this dance before and there's a 50/50 chance I kicked your ass back in 97.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

We have only heard one side of the story. Somehow I find it curious that there are group of men but the "victim" only seems to fixate on the guy making 7 figures.

That’s a good point.  Maybe the girl recognized AM and hoped to cash in.  It’s Arizona though.  What are the odds she knew recognized AM that night?  Likely later, yes, but in the moment?  

35 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Yeah

I just wouldn't take a job as a security guard for a whole bunch of reasons, but whatever.

I'm clearly in the minority in not thinking this is a big deal. Like at all.

You're not. I don't think many people think it is a biiiiiig deal. Just because people think it is bad/stupid/that he should be punished doesn't mean they also think that what he did was downright awful and that he is scum of the earth. Either you aren't good at judging what others think or you just seem to be making it up that a majority of people are overreacting so that you can do some grandstanding about snowflakes and PC culture. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I've got no idea about a lot of stuff

But I know beyond the shadow of a doubt you're just looking for something to be a wanker about.

We've done this dance before and there's a 50/50 chance I kicked your ass back in 97.

I doubt it lol

9 minutes ago, Toews said:

Or maybe it was easier to identify the guy that put his colon in her face... and then was captured on video in the elevator with his pants around his ankles. One guy seems to be sticking out more than the others...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Two A.M.

Woman on her own.

Group of guys.

Where did this go wrong?

"Rattle her door".  Put it into any other situation.  Your daughter at home at 2 AM.  Someone rattles her door?  It's ok?

Your wife's at work...working late on her own.  Someone rattles her door?  It's ok?

They had no business approaching her car.  Period.  

It was likely scary because....who the hell even does that?  How many times has someone come to your car door and jimmied around with it?  How was she to know it was "all in fun"? and to "get a reaction".  How was she to know they weren't going to:  rob, rape, stab, whatever.   

You're thinking from the drunk frat boy mindset.  Think of a woman on her own, wee hours, in HER car, just doing her job.  

She didn't do anything wrong...but they did. 

You KNOW that it was "all in fun".  Her?  In the moment?  Likely didn't.   If your daughter's in the car you're ok with drunk guys rattling the door to see how she reacts?

Best to not get out of the car and confront them.

My daughter will turn the car on an rev that $&!# up.

Vroom vroom &^@#ers, who's laughing now? (Sorry about your busted hip, but I felt threatened. Self defence)

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Best to not get out of the car and confront them.

My daughter will turn the car on an rev that $&!# up.

Vroom vroom &^@#ers, who's laughing now? (Sorry about your busted hip, but I felt threatened. Self defence)

I imagine she was likely terrified.  

Then saw a bunch of idiots so kicked it into "work" mode and was trying to do her job to the best of her ability.  

Likely used the adrenaline for that.  Good on her.  I would've crumbled like a baby...cried and called for help.

To hint that this was an opportunist waiting to strike and that she wasn't fearful at any point?  Kind of far fetched.   

They approached her, it wasn't her initiating this crap.  But she'll likely cash in on it - dumbass made that part easy.  Don't blame her for that - he made his own bed.

Him pulling his pants down added insult to injury.  What a douche move that was.   

You may not find it a big deal...but it's all over the internet.  So it kind of is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Just like the leafs in round one.

I don't get how that's even a thing you can get charged for.

He chucked a moon. Big deal.

I don't know, if this happened to your mother/daughter/friend who is out there trying to make a living at 2am and a 6'3" guy comes over and does this, that would be a big deal to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1