The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boeser & Fantenberg are both in concussion protocol,

Rate this topic

alt kilgore

Shouldn't matter who on your team gets run, you go after the opposition immediately,drop the gloves and fight them to show you don't take any crap.

Here is just yet another example of team SOFT Vancouver letting players get hit, doing ZIP and saying oh well we will make them pay on the PP...

You dont need to ice goons, but you DAMN sure need to have a back bone and stand up for one another. This does not happen for the Canucks. Luckily Brock likely isn't hurt this time...and even though Fantenberg is a depth D you still don't want to see any player get run like that.

It's sad this the new NHL, I miss fighting it was an important part of the game in situations like this. But hey we scored a few PRE SEASON PP goals, that'll show teams to not run our guys anymore...a Effin meaningless game and still every player with a whale jersey on did NOTHING!

One day, this mentality is going to bite us so hard in the ASS, likely when we are a good team in the playoffs and lose one of our top players for the series or rest of the post season

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Pickly said:

So how long does this protocol take usually?

There are different stages - even without symptoms it takes several days to go through all the stages.  They need to test that there are no symptoms between each stages before moving to the next.

- light exercise like stationary bike

- on ice alone

- skating with the team in non contact

- practice with contact

- back to play

Edited by mll

Just now, N7Nucks said:

I dislike the hit a lot but I think we need to train players to not just sit there with their backs to the open ice. Even if he just half rotates to his left he can square up and maybe just get rubbed out against the boards while still making that pass no problem. But like I said, hit was dumb. Tierney never should have went for that hit. He had all day with Boeser's back to him and it's preseason. You are playing for Ottawa. Your job is pretty secure no need to injure a kid playing on another team in another conference.

It was on a PP though. There was no reason for Brock to expect someone to come rushing at him and push him into the boards like that. I imagine had Brock whiffed on the pass or looked up and lost posession that he would have been chewed out by the coach. And Tierney still had every opportunity to ride him into the boards instead of pushing him like he did. 

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It was on a PP though. There was no reason for Brock to expect someone to come rushing at him and push him into the boards like that. I imagine had Brock whiffed on the pass or looked up and lost posession that he would have been chewed out by the coach. And Tierney still had every opportunity to ride him into the boards instead of pushing him like he did. 

He really didn't have any room to cleanly run him into the boards. Boeser made no effort to turn and he positioned himself that way intentionally to deter the hit. If I am Boeser I am not putting my safety in the hands of a guy that would love to hit me. Look, I am not blaming Boeser here. Not completely. 95% of the fault is on Tierney for going for an idiotic hit on a guy that had his back to him, absolutely zero reason to go for that hit and he should have gotten more of a punishment than he did. But players need to also keep their own safety in mind. Get chewed out by coach or risk your brain health. Choice is pretty simple here. Besides if turning slightly to your left causes you to lose control of the puck I dunno if you're an NHL level player. 

Another thing is, did nobody call out that Tierney was coming in for a hit? Like come on. Tierney's movement screamed incoming hit. Lots of blame to go around. I hope Boeser is okay, not just cause I want him to play but because his health is important.

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There is literally zero excuse for Tierney to not be in the ICU right now.  Hopefully that is rectified next time these 2 teams meet.

Tomorrow... Too bad the team had all game to deal with it and chose NOT too. If they go after a Sens player tomorrow the NHL will punish the Canucks for sure.

22 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Sad thing is Benn was playing and I thought he would be the type of guy to stand up for his teammates, apparently not...Sad times really, we have some young talent how do you think they all feel seeing this happen to 2 teammates and the rest of the team keep playing and do nothing about it all game.

When nothing happens its will just happen again...Fantenberg in the 1st, no reprocutions...Boeser later that same damn game. Wake up Canuck players!!!

It has nothing to do with the players, trust me. It has to do with management, especially Green telling players not to retaliate. 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Tomorrow... Too bad the team had all game to deal with it and chose NOT too. If they go after a Sens player tomorrow the NHL will punish the Canucks for sure.

I don't care if the league screws us.  Call up some plug from the AHL and tell him he gets a 1 way contract next time if Tierney isn't conscious by the end of the game.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mj vic said:

A hit like that shouldn't happen anytime of the year, but preseason!!!  Come on that's such a classless act.

Hate how superstars play pre-season in the first place instead of high energy practices,  hope he's ok!

Edited by iceman64

2 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

It has nothing to do with the players, trust me. It has to do with management, especially Green telling players not to retaliate. 

How do you know what Green says to his players?  Are you in the room?  How do you know he doesn't say one thing to the media and then says something else in the room so that he doesn't get fined.  We don't know what is said in that locker room, and we never will on something like that.

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

How do you know what Green says to his players?  Are you in the room?  How do you know he doesn't say one thing to the media and then says something else in the room so that he doesn't get fined.  We don't know what is said in that locker room, and we never will on something like that.

Nothing can be know for sure. It's all speculative. That being said, Green is a common denominator in all of this. Every time EP was targeted last season, and now with Boeser. We have a pretty different lineup then we did last year, and yet the 'response' was exactly the same. The fact that Green completely undersold how dirty the hit was by calling it a "hockey play" doesn't exactly breed confidence either.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Sad thing is Benn was playing and I thought he would be the type of guy to stand up for his teammates, apparently not...Sad times really, we have some young talent how do you think they all feel seeing this happen to 2 teammates and the rest of the team keep playing and do nothing about it all game.

When nothing happens its will just happen again...Fantenberg in the 1st, no reprocutions...Boeser later that same damn game. Wake up Canuck players!!!

unfortunately he wasn't on the ice, but i agree i had hoped he would go after the dude at some point. 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

JB was not enforcer management guy for Boston, it was ChiaPet. we saw that when he signed Lucic, Gryba, traded for Larsson and Kassian.

We will never be a physical team, kind of sad, I love watching that kind of hockey and you need a decent element of team toughness come playoffs