The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 6 players - Sept. 25, 2019

5 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

Fair enough bro. Good to see some respect paid to those that have paid our dues and made it to the big show, even if only for a cup of coffee or two.

I even had an assist! But I was a -17 in 2 games so I got sent packing to the A.

-17   was that in the 80´s?  just curious ...

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone

29 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’d be ok with that too, but I would prefer those guys to actually be playing in Utica and getting valuable ice time. 

Fair enough, but unless Fantenberg is out for the season or what not. Probably not necessary for a waiver pick up. If anything it would help with our forward situation for the time being to have more time to sort things out if he hits LTIR. If it's just short term, then giving one of those guys an NHL paycheck and some practices with the NHL team isn't going to hurt.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

^ every one of these players has minimium played 1 or way more  games in the nhl .

i guess thats more than most of you funny guys will ever reach in your  lifes ........

HOCKEYDB.COM/tre_mac.html

Player Name: Tre Mac

DOB: 11/07/79

Handedness: Left

Position: Forward

Dope: Yes

Elite Dope: You bet

Games Played: At least One

Goals: All Achieved 

Assists: 1067

PIM: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Fantenberg was always pencilled in as a 7/8 dman. He doesn't really need to be replaced. And if so, we have plenty of guys that could fill in eg Sautner, Brisebois, Teves. Might as well throw them a bone and give them an NHL paycheck for a brief stint up.

Yeah pretty much.. at least we still have those 3 to pick from, thinking it's Teves, Saunter, and Breeze in that order for injury call ups. Glad it's not a top 4 pairing injury but hope Oscar will be ok soon, that hit was vicious! 

5 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

^ every one of these players has minimium played 1 or way more  games in the nhl .

i guess thats more than most of you funny guys will ever reach in your  lifes ........

Thanks Uncle Fester.

Image result for original uncle fester

Edited by Kanukfanatic

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Boeser and Fatenberg are not ready to start the year then 2 players who would have been waived will be staying for now.  Probably Brisebois and Goldobin.

Sorry Brisebois doesn't have to be waived but will stay with the big club if Fatenberg is out...

Biega?

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Biega?

If they carry 8 D then yes Biega and Brisebois  If they decide to carry only 7 D then they probably keep Beiga and all their forwards, so only the AHL guys get sent down.  Once Brock comes back then they can send Schaller down and once Fatenberg comes back they have to make a decision on Goldobin.  Mind you if injuries continue it just may be a case of rotating bodies all year long where Eriksson, Schaller and Goldobin all get to stay with the big club.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If they carry 8 D then yes Biega and Brisebois  If they decide to carry only 7 D then they probably keep Beiga and all their forwards, so only the AHL guys get sent down.  Once Brock comes back then they can send Schaller down and once Fatenberg comes back they have to make a decision on Goldobin.  Mind you if injuries continue it just may be a case of rotating bodies all year long where Eriksson, Schaller and Goldobin all get to stay with the big club.

I would keep Biega as the 7th D if Fanteburg is out.  Let Brisbois play a key role in Utica. To prioritize his development.

Brisbois does look very close though, doesn't he!

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I would keep Biega as the 7th D if Fanteburg is out.  Let Brisbois play a key role in Utica. To prioritize his development.

Brisbois does look very close though, doesn't he!

He is a borderline NHL dman but he could use more minutes instead of more press box if he even wants to be a solid nhler

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

-17   was that in the 80´s?  just curious ...

Very early 1990s :)

9 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

HOCKEYDB.COM/tre_mac.html

Player Name: Tre Mac

DOB: 11/07/79

Handedness: Left

Position: Forward

Dope: Yes

Elite Dope: You bet

Games Played: At least One

Goals: All Achieved 

Assists: 1067

PIM: 

Tre Mac for hall of fame 2020

• Haha 1

95% of this board including myself probably never got to play junior. 

So suddenly we can't joke about players that we never heard of?

The reality is the players get the last laugh. Even in the AHL they are making decent money playing a game we love. 

No one is questioning the hard work these players put in. Some players just will never be regular NHL'ers. 

Maybe ease off considering how late in pre-season it is, that players being sent down are ones that a lot of us have never heard of.