The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canucks will not win cup until they get a super star

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

wow what's with all the negativity..i said the canucks won't win a cup until they have super stars..not all star players..super stars...wayne gretzky..crosby..towes kane marchand chara ken dryden lafleur ..yes you need a good mix..look at the oilers..they have a few stars but can't package it up with good defence and goalie...the canucks have a shot but it would take al of the stars in the universe to line up..you need such a good effort everyone all firing on all cylinders and puck luck and last fair officiating on the ice..thats how hard it is to win the cup..this team here will win their share of games but unless they toughen up the stars wont  have the courage to grow..we will see if they have enough toughness to respond...been saying this long time..and no i don't want any goons on the team...

40 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

wow what's with all the negativity..i said the canucks won't win a cup until they have super stars..not all star players..super stars...wayne gretzky..crosby..towes kane marchand chara ken dryden lafleur ..yes you need a good mix..look at the oilers..they have a few stars but can't package it up with good defence and goalie...the canucks have a shot but it would take al of the stars in the universe to line up..you need such a good effort everyone all firing on all cylinders and puck luck and last fair officiating on the ice..thats how hard it is to win the cup..this team here will win their share of games but unless they toughen up the stars wont  have the courage to grow..we will see if they have enough toughness to respond...been saying this long time..and no i don't want any goons on the team...

Bolded are four of the best players to EVER play the game. Take your trolling somewhere else.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

Ive been watching this team for years and they have come close but they had few super skilled guys or the goalies were very good...every team that has won has at least one super star...the canucks are a good average hard working team but jim benning does not know how to pick good character players with skill...like its hard for me to explain  but to sum it up we have skill and good hard working guys but nothing that is above the top..petey and brock and bo are  stars but nothing proven yet like a crosby tasernko, or marchand who i hate..but ya...we need to get the right mix.. keep saying give them time etc...enough now either break put and show the fans what the groups willing to do or dismantle it..

Those Canuck players will get a chance to prove themselves if and when they make the playoffs........which given the moves that Be Ning made this offseason, appears to be sooner than later.

Elias already looks like he’s a bonafide superstar, while Bo and Brock are right on the cusp.   Guys like Miller, Ferland, Myers, Pearson, Hughes, Edler, and Markstrom round out our line-up extremely well.

Sorry sir, but I’m not sure if I understand your post.

• -SN- locked this topic