The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Keto Thread

Roger Neilsons Towel

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

You’d think so, but after the initial difficulty it becomes second nature. Also there are Keto friendly breads and cakes. Some of them are pretty damn good! Expensive ingredients though. But so worth it!

There are so many options now compared to 3 years ago when I started but your right its all expensive now but it will slowly come down in price at least I hope it will.

• Upvote 2

I go on the Keto diet whenever I need to lose weight for golf season. I can lose 20lbs in less than a month doing it. Nothing better than bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning. The diet, without a doubt, is the easier and most effective I’ve used/witnessed. 

Parmasan cheese and Bacon is eaten daily. I’m basically never hungry? I think that’s why the diet works. Only thing I don’t like, is it makes me crave sugary sweets all the time. I usually never crave those. I actually don’t like to eat desserts, I find them too sweet. 

I could talk about this stuff for days.  I went to my doctor 31/2 years ago cause I was having chest pains at the time I was about 245 Lbs.  My doctor told I checked out fine but told me if I didn't change my lifestyle I wouldn't live to be an old man.

1 year later I went for my physical weighing 180 Lbs with Abs at 43 years old without working out just changing my diet.  After my blood tests where returned and all my results came in my doctor told me I had a 3% chance of dying in the next 10 years which he said had to be raised to 10% as that is considered to be the lowest statistically.  My doctor was absolutely amazed (he thought my blood work would comeback terrible with all the fat I was eating).

Edited by thrago
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thrago said:

I could talk about this stuff for days.  I went to my doctor 31/2 years ago cause I was having chest pains at the time I was about 245 Lbs.  My doctor told I checked out fine but told me if I didn't change my lifestyle I wouldn't live to be an old man.

1 year later I went for my physical weighing 180 Lbs with Abs at 43 years old without working out just changing my diet.  After my blood tests where returned and all my results came in my doctor told me I had a 3% chance of dying in the next 10 years which he said had to be raised to 10% as that is considered to be the lowest statistically.  My doctor was absolutely amazed.

damn dude 65lbs in a year with no excercise!? I could benefit from that exact same kind of result

• Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

damn dude 65lbs in a year with no excercise!? I could benefit from that exact same kind of result

Yeah my doctor told me I was healthier then most 20 year old athletes, I know its sounds like BS but its a true story, Keto will change your life.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

you drink alcohol or no? 

No maybe once or twice a year( 1 or 2 drinks).  I've always been that way (not because of keto).  You can drink hard liquor though if you want and there are a couple low carb beers out there if your a beer guy wines too if you look.

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

I go on the Keto diet whenever I need to lose weight for golf season. I can lose 20lbs in less than a month doing it. Nothing better than bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning. The diet, without a doubt, is the easier and most effective I’ve used/witnessed. 

Parmasan cheese and Bacon is eaten daily. I’m basically never hungry? I think that’s why the diet works. Only thing I don’t like, is it makes me crave sugary sweets all the time. I usually never crave those. I actually don’t like to eat desserts, I find them too sweet. 

So there’s a serious diet that encourages eating bacon?  And that’s healthy?  I love bacon.  Pretty much the pig is the perfect food animal.  I’ve never heard of this Keto diet, but I think I’ve been following it without knowing.  What about the fat drippings left after cooking the bacon?  Do we drink that?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thrago said:

1 year later I went for my physical weighing 180 Lbs with Abs at 43 years old without working out just changing my diet.  After my blood tests where returned and all my results came in my doctor told me I had a 3% chance of dying in the next 10 years which he said had to be raised to 10% as that is considered to be the lowest statistically.  My doctor was absolutely amazed (he thought my blood work would comeback terrible with all the fat I was eating).

I've never heard of this diet before but the results seem too good to be true. Losing 65 pounds in a year, curing diabetes, increasing energy, etc. 

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I've never heard of this diet before but the results seem too good to be true. Losing 65 pounds in a year, curing diabetes, increasing energy, etc. 

Its the truth try it, and you will find out.

Edited by thrago