The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Keto Thread

Roger Neilsons Towel

I lol at anyone who really think's eating a high saturated and trans fat diet is healthy. Is it effective in losing weight, 100%. Long term health?  I think not. 

Heart Disease is the #1 global killer. A diet high in animal fats is leading contributor. 

The key (as with everything in life) is a BALANCED diet. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RRypien37 said:

I lol at anyone who really think's eating a high saturated and trans fat diet is healthy. Is it effective in losing weight, 100%. Long term health?  I think not. 

Jim Fix was on this diet and he was an incredible marathon runner.  Look him up and see.  

Just now, RRypien37 said:

All the latest Science says different my blood test can confirm this.

• Upvote 2

So heard a lot about keto and did a fair bit of research on the keto diet.  Year after year it is rated as last place on list of best diets. Also the studies do tend to point towards that higher amount of fats coming from red meats/fried food ect... do tend to raise the chance of heart attacks. I do realize they are doctors and studies to prove benefits of Keto and I know 4people who have gone it and lost a lot of weight. I know bodybuilders will go on Keto when they are cutting so it does seem like a good weight lost diet but the risks put me off big time. I am not here to hate by any means. Anything that causes people to feel better, lose weight, enjoy food and become better then before I am for. I do have a few questions out of curiosity.

Who/what and how were you convinced?

Any heart issues?

what do your doctors say about it?

do you guys feed your kids Keto stuff and what are the effects of that?

I will probably be in this thread a lot. Just been scared to be on it longer then a meal or two. 

Edited by milk and honey

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jim Fix was on this diet and he was an incredible marathon runner.  Look him up and see.  

Yes. It can be very beneficial for high endurance athletes. No denying that. I am talking about LONG TERM health. 

Edited by RRypien37

1 minute ago, thrago said:

I think there are 36 grams in an ounce.

I’m starting tomorrow.  I’m getting me a super all meat with extra meat pizza.  I’m just eating the toppings though.  Then for dessert I’m having bacon deep fried in pork fat.  Then I think I’ll make the left over fat into a shake.  I’ll use a paper straw, so don’t go all SJW on me.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think you need to google Jim Fix.  :ph34r:

From wiki: Fixx died on July 20, 1984 at age 52 of a fulminant heart attack, during his daily run on Vermont Route 15 in Hardwick.[1] The autopsy, conducted by Vermont's chief medical examiner, Dr. Eleanor McQuillen, revealed that atherosclerosis had blocked one coronary artery 95%, a second 85%, and a third 70%.[4]

You are literally supporting my point. A high fat diet causes heart disease. Proof right there using your own point. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Post what you eat. 

A typical day for me would be:

Breakfast

2 strips bacon, 2 fried eggs, a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese (or any sugar free dairy)

Lunch

Breadless sandwiches, handful of lower carb nuts, pickles! Basically I construct the sandwich using the meat as the outside to hold everything in. 

Dinner

Chicken Pizza with Caesar Salad. Flatten a chicken breast as the bread. A homemade sugarless Caesar dressing with lots of parmasan and bacon.

I don’t count calories or carbs. Just eat the diet and enjoy the fatty foods! Once your body starts producing a large amount of Ketones in order to break down the fat stored in your body, you will naturally reduce the amount you want to eat. I will literally eat half the calories while on this diet but feel just as full. My energy goes up too.

• Thanks 1