The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 9 players - Sept. 27, 2019

Just now, coryberg said:

You must not have seen the second oilers game. #63 was absolutely brutal. Shocked he wasn't sent down the day after but I guess they didnt want to kick him while he was down.

Yes I watched. Here are the game stats for the Oilers game.  I don't recall Chatfield standing out in a negative way   More ice time than Hughes.

image.png.ba515ea4b976f4165a6e40c5251abbd2.png

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He was pretty bad in the last Ottawa game as well, bad turnovers, took some big hits, and did not look ready for the show. Brisebois has looked better imo. 

The whole team was bad in the last Ottawa game.  Horvat was a -3.

image.png.b0510ef96aae40475127ee7c6113e0fe.png

Edited by Borvat
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I have liked the way Chatfield has played.  Brisebois has seemed more indecisive and has had some bad turnovers. Chatfield seems more confident and ready.

Chatfield has been sent down. 

Chatfield lasting this long likely means he's going to be a callup option this season. I think Brogan Rafferty will be the first call up, then Juolevi, but then I think it's Chatfield. 

Brisebois is a Left handed defender. Fantenberg is a Left handed defender. Makes sense why he's sticking around for now. Chatfield is a righty which is valuable long term.

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I was at the game and he stood out as the worst Dman that night. Canucks actually outplayed Ottawa most of that game, especially early on. 

Must have looked different live.  I watched on TV and the team did not look all that great.  I love Horvat but I wasn't really impressed with his game.  I will take your word for it then.

Players left that may be shipped down, or out. Schaller, though I thought, IMO, he had a good Pre-Season, Leivo, Virtanen, Motte, Goldy, not a lot of forward spots left 2 or 3 of these guys have to go somewhere. I don't think any of them stood out to lock down a spot. On D if we go with 7 it'll be either Biega or Fantenburg, however Fantenburg will probably start on IR

Edited by Sedinery33

Just now, Borvat said:

Must have looked different live.  I watched on TV and the team did not look all that great.  I love Horvat but I wasn't really impressed with his game.  I will take your word for it then.

No your right the Horvat line wasnt great that night, he seemed to phone that game in which is rare. Gaudette line was good though, Anderson was lights out in net for the Sens that night. 

1 hour ago, Borvat said:

Yes I watched. Here are the game stats for the Oilers game.  I don't recall Chatfield standing out in a negative way   More ice time than Hughes.

image.png.ba515ea4b976f4165a6e40c5251abbd2.png

Sadly there is no stat line for blowing the zone early, getting caught pinching and caught out of position.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Sadly there is no stat line for blowing the zone early, getting caught pinching and caught out of position.

Agreed most of the Canucks would have been guilty.  The play this pre-season has not been impressive overall. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Quantum said:

Don't need waivers. 

Also, with Fantenberg injured one of the two likely slots in as the 8th d man. My money is on Brisebois taking that spot. The team has been high on him for years.

Nah, Chatfield the RH shot has a more rounded game imo.