The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Tobias Rieder

20 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Flames will regret that Lucic for Neal trade , but Reider will make it all better.

I think both teams got who they “needed”. Neal and Lucic are both slow. Can’t skate at all. That said, Neal isn’t adding anything if he’s not scoring. Lucic was added by the Flames simply because of his grit. So although he won’t produce much offensively on the 3rd or 4th line in Calgary, he was more added for what he could possibly bring come the playoffs.

Both teams got the player and the reclamation they wanted.

13 hours ago, Monty said:

I’ve never been one to get worked up about things in hockey. From Duncan Keith’s elbow, Chris Pronger stepping on Kesler’s leg, to Brad Marchand doing “insert everything”, those things just don’t work me up, or even register.

But this was absolutely trash. Place all your organizations failures on a guy who, the season before, had 25 points. His career high was 37!

I really hope both him and Lucic not only find their games and go back to respectable numbers, but actually lift the Cup this year, while McDavid requests a trade in the off-season after another 31st place finish.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

“Toby Rieder hasn’t scored a goal.

“Toby Rieder has missed so many breakaways.

“If Toby Rieder had scored 12-14 goals, we’d have probably made the playoffs.”

Exactly.  How pathetic it was of Deadmonton to blame a $2 milion placeholder winger for their production problems last year.  That was laughable.

The Lottery Champions could not find winger scoring anywhere - centers like McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH - perenial affirmative draft action from the league - and they blame their problems on a depth winger.  Pathetic.  Never seen a managament group get such an extended patronage pass - on an absolutely horrible job - over the span of at least a decade.  But Reider was the problem lol.

That said - I think they made one of the best off-ice (if not the best) in the offseason - bringing in Dave Tippett.  If he can't turn that into an NHL team, I'm not sure who could.  I think they'll likely be a vastly improved team without the puck - and it won't surprise me a bit if they improve considerably this year - they have the paper-team to rise back to a playoff contender, and I think they may have added the coach they needed.

16 hours ago, Monty said:

I really hope both him and Lucic not only find their games and go back to respectable numbers, but actually lift the Cup this year, while McDavid requests a trade in the off-season after another 31st place finish.

Only if they get traded again.  Can't cheer for the Phlegms, dammit! :P

I do like the 2nd half of that paragraph, though.