The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 14 players - Sept. 28, 2019

17 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

My guess is, JB is burning up the phone lines, talking trade options 

That would be good. Is it possible that Benning is also waiting to waive the others until right before the season starts? Maybe in hopes that other teams' rosters will already be set and claiming a player wouldn't make sense for them? I don't know, just guessing.

If Goldobin was waived and then claimed, for example, would that team have to keep him with the club? Or if they decide to send Goldobin down to their farm team, would they have to put him back on waivers until he clears? Not sure how that works. 

Joe Hicketts would do way better than detroit red wings..if he only signed with another team he would be regular..best small d man you will find....too bad vancouver could not get him....i think he has lots of upside...need hicketts to get traded or get claimed....

Edited by hockeygod77

43 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That would be good. Is it possible that Benning is also waiting to waive the others until right before the season starts? Maybe in hopes that other teams' rosters will already be set and claiming a player wouldn't make sense for them? I don't know, just guessing.

If Goldobin was waived and then claimed, for example, would that team have to keep him with the club? Or if they decide to send Goldobin down to their farm team, would they have to put him back on waivers until he clears? Not sure how that works. 

Yes he must clear waivers each time he is sent down to the AHL.  Also, if a team wants to bring him back up he must be put on re-entry waivers and must clear again.

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2009/11/26/1174855/waivers-101-a-guide-to-the-nhl

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes he must clear waivers each time he is sent down to the AHL.  Also, if a team wants to bring him back up he must be put on re-entry waivers and must clear again.

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2009/11/26/1174855/waivers-101-a-guide-to-the-nhl

There aren’t re entry waivers anymore so believe.  Just every when he is sent down.

Edited by Provost
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Re-entry waivers aren't a thing anymore unless you sign a player that played last in europe/khl

• Thanks 2