The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

YOUR game day ritual - season almost here.

Rate this topic

danjr

Regular season I really don't follow any set out rituals.

I don't wear any jerseys, though I may wear a Canucks T-shirt.  Though that is completely random.
Also don't partake in any beverages of adult nature lol.

Weird things I do do, Nights I have my daughter or play hockey I will watch a re-broadcast.  Usually while in the bathtub.

So nothing extreme in nature.....how about you all?  Fav Jersey, hat, drinks, snacks or crazy long ritual?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

you said do do :lol:  Any chance I can use the same word twice in a row I do, do it!

game day is different now.. used to watch the game in the hot tub with many beers, or head to someone 's house.. now I play kitchen hockey with my little guy between periods.

I would participate in shotgun Jake, but usually I can't.. "Have never heard of this Shotgun Jake, do tell..."

• Like 1

Miss the days of hearing shorty on the radio driving home after a Sunday dinner at my grandmas. Bertuzzi Naslund scores ! Now I get to re live my childhood with my son. He’s almost a year old and he’s already got a mini stick in his hand. My beginning of season ritual is game day, cracking a cold one, and watching this 30 times 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Miss the days of hearing shorty on the radio driving home after a Sunday dinner at my grandmas. Bertuzzi Naslund scores ! Now I get to re live my childhood with my son. He’s almost a year old and he’s already got a mini stick in his hand. My beginning of season ritual is game day, cracking a cold one, and watching this 30 times 

that's how my boy started.. at 2 he had a wicked backhand.. he could send a real puck the length of the kitchen and dining room 4 ft the air.. (wife was not as impressed as i was).. this last season he was cheering for Boston, I cheered for st Louis.. great bonding

5 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

that's how my boy started.. at 2 he had a wicked backhand.. he could send a real puck the length of the kitchen and dining room 4 ft the air.. (wife was not as impressed as i was).. this last season he was cheering for Boston, I cheered for st Louis.. great bonding

That’s awesome. Hahah my wife wasn’t too stoked I brought home a mini hockey net and sticks. I think spending time watching hockey and playing street hockey and taking them to practice is best bond a dad can get with his kids. I did it all my life and I get to share that with him. He’s lucky he gets to experience the Petey Era. 

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

Saturdays late game during mid-season my routine for Hockey Night in Canada is to light the fireplace, mix a Bacardi then let the boys entertain me.

Mine is similar but I start in the morning.

Typically I go work out, then go shopping. Groceries and beer.

Come home and let something stew in the oven for 4-6 hours.

Start drinking beers heavily during the Leafs game and eat dinner. Switch to scotch for the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Miss the days of hearing shorty  Jim Robson on the radio driving home after a Sunday dinner at my grandmas. Schmautz, Kurtenbach scores ! Now I get to re live my childhood with my son. He’s almost 33 years old and he’s already got a mini stick  cold beer in his hand. My beginning of season ritual is game day, cracking a cold one,with my boy and watching this 30 times 

Bolded to fix it for me, some of us have been around longer..lol

• Haha 1

Depends if it’s a weekday or weekend game.

If a weekday, I make sure to PVR the game first, then work all day till 5:00, get home and get dinner cooking. And then will sit on my comfy chair, conversing on CDC while watching the game. But sometimes I’m late getting home on Tues & Thurs because I do my training runs and gym workouts. 

If the Weekend, I will likely have a cider or glass of wine and watch the game and laugh with fellow Canuck fans.

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

Bolded to fix it for me, some of us have been around longer..lol

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

At the game:  jersey, cowbell.  Go before the doors open and wait.  Go down to see friends at the zamboni entrance (Vern, the best host/usher in the rink).  Good to go.

At home:  EVERYONE PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE THERE'S A GAME ON.  I AM ACCEPTING NO PHONE CALLS OR VISITORS, THANKS.  THE CHURCH OF HOCKEY IS NOW IN SESSION.

If at work:  game on 650 radio...for the drive home too.  I actually love those drives with the game on the radio...especially on a crisp, sunny fall day.  Feels right.

We used to go visit Grandmother.  She would listen to the games on Radio.  Kearns skates down the ice, he shoots, he scores.  She had all the old year books.  We'd leaf through the pages.  I still have the ones she sent me.  I had to listen to most of the WCE games on internet radio.  Unless it was saturday night and CBC had the game.
What station were the games on back in the mid 70's?  I recall a Cfox sticker or something like that (she lived by Fort Langley)

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1