The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane is in trouble again.

Rate this topic

xereau

Sharks' Kane ejected for abuse of officials

https://www.tsn.ca/san-jose-sharks-f-evander-kane-ejected-for-abuse-of-officials-1.1373869

deryk-engelland-evander-kane.jpg

Deryk Engelland Evander Kane , The Canadian Press

San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane was ejected from the team’s final preseason game against the Vegas Golden Knights for an abuse of officials infraction.

The incident occurred at the 12:51 mark of the third period when Kane became involved in an altercation with Golden Knights defenceman Deryk Engelland.  A linesman separates the two players and knocks Kane to the ice in the process, when the two get up, Kane appears to shove the official in the chest.

Kane was assessed a 10-minute misconduct and a game misconduct on the play.

Engelland picked up a cross-checking minor and a misconduct.

Earlier in the game the 28-year-old also picked up a roughing minor and a fighting major for battles with Golden Knights forward Valentin Zykov.

Kane finished the game with an assist and 27 minutes in penalties.

Who wanted this guy again?  Thank your lucky stars he isn't a member of this team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

The title reads like an off ice incident but not to disappoint the Kane haters they have this to run with.

San Jose and the welfare Golden Knights have a war going on ( personally I loved the four goals in five minutes - whoo! ) This is great for the game which was becoming more of a frat party at times.

Edited by 6string

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Who was the Calgary guy that plowed the linesman?

This isn't as bad, but badboy Kane is gonna get some games for this.

I mean, he has to? The league can't let something like this go.

Dennis Wideman....hardly a bad ass.

10 games would be a tough pill to swallow, especially because it was the linesman who brought him down while he was just skating.

Crazy to think that would be an automatic 10, and there are far worse things out there that happen where fines only occur... 

Also, who can tell me how many games Wideman got for running over a ref a few years ago? 

Just now, Top Sven Baercheese said:

10 games would be a tough pill to swallow, especially because it was the linesman who brought him down while he was just skating.

Crazy to think that would be an automatic 10, and there are far worse things out there that happen where fines only occur... 

Also, who can tell me how many games Wideman got for running over a ref a few years ago? 

That's minimum heh.

1 minute ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

It was a linesman too, I think it was over 10 games. It was plenty for someone who was not a bad ass.

Edited by 6string

52 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Honestly &^@# that ref. That ref is an idiot for grabbing him like that and throwing him down the ice. I would have had that same reaction as Kane. 

Such an unnecessary action from the ref. 

This ^