The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

3 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I get it, we all hate Loui....but when you think about it, LE's total point last year...was 6 less than Baertschi career high.

Not even sure anyone takes a stab a Baertschi to be honest.  Everyone's top 6 is pretty much set...no use for Baert in the bottom 6.

Time to move on.

You don't think Edmonton would take him for their middle 6? They are very weak in the wings, and he'd be an improvement on several guys. 

I highly doubt he makes it through waivers if that's what's happening. 

• Upvote 1

The problem of signing a bucket load of ufas every year and over paying third and fourth liners they can’t be moved 

le schaller sutter all roster dead weight. 

And combine salary for three ineffective bottom 3 players... lol. 

Edited by Tracksuit
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WiDeN said:

You don't think Edmonton would take him for their middle 6? They are very weak in the wings, and he'd be an improvement on several guys. 

I highly doubt he makes it through waivers if that's what's happening. 

Not impossible, but it is getting late and players have been working their butts off all training.  Don't know how'd I feel if a 35 pts career guys just came in and swoop a middle 6 spot.  Way to lose to room for a new head coach.

If Baertschi is sent down, this should be an incentive for Virtanen to work his ass off and show that you actually belong in the line-up more. I will not tolerate his unmotivated play when guys like Baertschi who I know bring it 100% every single day with boatloads more talent no doubt are getting sent down.

Loui &^@# Eriksson

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

That's probably why. better believe they shopped him first. 

They got him for a 2nd rounder when he was still a prospect with potential.  Now he's 26 years old not good enough for a bottom team last year.    If someone would have really wanted him before he went to waivers, we might have gotten a 6th or 7th rounder back.

10 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

you wonder how this sits in the dressing room. Apparently Baer is a pretty well liked guy. I just don't see how he goes down before either of goldy, schaller and to a lesser point LE

To be honest, if I was one of them, for his sake I'd rather see Baerstchi gets waived and claimed, rather than seeing Schaller got down and Baerstschi in the pressbox or 4th line.