The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

This drives me crazy. So your argument with Jake is he needs to play with better players? Isn't it true that every player would be better if they played with better players? Maybe Jake playing like dead weight is just Jake......and maybe attaching that dead weight to a rising up and com'er isn't the best idea?

I agree. Jake needs to take responsibility here. I also heard on 650 that the analytics when Jake is with EP and Brock show a decline in EP and Brock’s production. Therefore the argument of Jake needing better players has no logic for the team. Jake gets a slight increase in his own production but at the cost of losing production from our stars.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I agree. Jake needs to take responsibility here. I also heard on 650 that the analytics when Jake is with EP and Brock show a decline in EP and Brock’s production. Therefore the argument of Jake needing better players has no logic for the team. Jake gets a slight increase in his own production but at the cost of losing production from our stars.

Exactly. I'm amazed that some people keep coming up with new excuses for JV's lack of performance. When will people get it. He is a fringe NHL'er who can be replaced quite easily. A big guy who doesn't hit, A fast guy who doesn't rush the puck, a young guy who doesn't get it.... Man, this is not a diamond in the rough here

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Crimson said:

Reading this thread has been hilarious.

I like Baer as much as the next guy but let's be real here - he's played 79 games and scored 23 goals over the last two seasons.  Sure, his goals/game is pretty good but it is hard to build a team around a guy that is only going to play half a year.  

Baer also isn't a 4th line grinder or PK'er so I'm not sure what all the whiners complaining about Schaller and/or LE are on about.

Then why are Sutter, Edler and Tanev still on this team? 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, but can they do stupendous magic with $13 million of LTIR like Lord Dubas?

He really is something. Trading away a first rounder and gets praise. Takes on so much deadweight through LTIR to accommodate space for four players that take up approximately half his cap. And league doesn't punish him for blatant circumvention. How can you deny his power?!

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Then why are Sutter, Edler and Tanev still on this team? 

Edler has never missed half the season

Sutter and Tanev are a big part of the PK. Baertschi is fairly one dimensional. 

We also don't have permanent full time replacements for the 3 players you mentioned. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, brownky said:

So the one update I missed today, did anybody get claimed from that horde of players? Not ours, I saw ours made it through but what of the others?

Eric Comrie (G) from WPG to ARZ and Carl Dahlstrom (D) from CHI to WPG

Maybe a tad surprised DeSmith & Djoos didnt get claimed, but lack of cap space and number of contracts probably had something to do with it.  Also surprised Edmonton is rolling with what they have on the wings and didnt take a flyer on anyone Sprong or Ho-Sang.  Probably Tippett and his demand for defensive responsibility had something to do with it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, amplified0ne said:

Eric Comrie (G) from WPG to ARZ and Carl Dahlstrom (D) from CHI to WPG

Maybe a tad surprised DeSmith & Djoos didnt get claimed, but lack of cap space and number of contracts probably had something to do with it.  Also surprised Edmonton is rolling with what they have on the wings and didnt take a flyer on anyone Sprong or Ho-Sang.  Probably Tippett and his demand for defensive responsibility had something to do with it.

Thanks. 

I was actually really wondering about Hosang and Djoos in particular. I thought he was looking like a real deal player at one point (Djoos). Looks like a quiet day on the claim front though. 

27 minutes ago, brownky said:

Thanks. 

I was actually really wondering about Hosang and Djoos in particular. I thought he was looking like a real deal player at one point (Djoos). Looks like a quiet day on the claim front though. 

Until Ho-Sang makes some major attitude adjustments he is easily going to pass through waivers. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Surprised there is no NHL equivalent of the Patriots that pick up attitudes but the cap limits those options 

Closest would be the Oilers, taking Lucic, Ferrence, Kassian as free agents, and drafting Yakupov.  Unfortunately for these players, Edmonton is nowhere near being an NHL team.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, King Heffy said:

Closest would be the Oilers, taking Lucic, Ferrence, Kassian as free agents, and drafting Yakupov.  Unfortunately for these players, Edmonton is nowhere near being an NHL team.

Lucic and Ference have no attitude issues, they play/played on and over the edge. But both are highly respected by teammates. Ference also became very close with a family of a sick girl in Boston and made sure to visit them when Edmonton came to play Boston. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lucic and Ference have no attitude issues, they play/played on and over the edge. But both are highly respected by teammates. Ference also became very close with a family of a sick girl in Boston and made sure to visit them when Edmonton came to play Boston. 

Yep, flipping off the crowd sure isn't an attitude issue, never mind the long list of classless behaviour by Lucic.