The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

4 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

If there were actual adults here instead of the fake outrage mob then there could be some adult conversation @Hutton Wink is a pretty level headed dude.

Actual adults can have conversations where they disagree with one another without personal attacks.

Can't say I am too disappointed with this move considering Baer's durability. 3.5M for playing about half the season is just not good enough in the cap era. As long as he gets claimed I will be happy with it. Same goes for Sutter, Schaller, Eriksson and Roussel, haven't contributed enough to justify their hefty cap hits. We need to start replacing these guys with younger, cheaper talent.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I guess the Baertschi thing is strategic.

He may be the only expendable piece that “could” actually get claimed to create cap space.

That space is useful to make sure we don’t use our ELC bonus cushion and push it into next year... and it also gives us some maneuvering space if we want to adjust the roster a little with trades.

thats what makes sense to me. The trade market must have been pretty bleak. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess its the only option Jim has to clear cap, thats the only thing that makes sense. All of the trade offers must have included taking players back, which we can't really do. 

DIdn't see this coming. Man I am not looking forward to the game day threads. @StealthNuck can we have one thread for people to complain about Loui and another non-Loui complaining GDT? The endless comp's to Baer are going to make them unreadable. 

If they seriously couldn't trade Baertschi because of his concussion issues, Ferland has had similar issues for years now yet they signed him for four years. Baertschi wasn't even top five in terms of bad contracts that are affecting our cap situation. Probably number seven or eight, and at least he produces when healthy.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Toews said:

Actual adults can have conversations where they disagree with one another without personal attacks.

Can't say I am too disappointed with this move considering Baer's durability. 3.5M for playing about half the season is just not good enough in the cap era. As long as he gets claimed I will be happy with it. Same goes for Sutter, Schaller, Eriksson and Roussel, haven't contributed enough to justify their hefty cap hits. We need to start replacing these guys with younger, cheaper talent.

Roussel is fine.

Sutter is mildly overpaid but does a good "greasy" job for who he is.

The other two are a waste of space and I'd rather have Goldy & Baer there instead.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, thrago said:

Hope Baer clears I really like him as a player to bad injuries have caused him to miss so much time.  If he does clear it will put us in a great recall situation though.  Can't see him staying down to long.  Man I really hope he clears.

I hope he doesn't, he deserves better, much better.

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

giggity giggity

Gagner still has 1 year left on that deal Benning gave him.

And we're paying 1M in cap for the Spooner buyout both this upcoming season and next season.

How does a rebuilding team do this to their cap :lol:

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

The first rule of the ignore list is that you don't talk about the ignore list.

Admins/mods can't have ignore lists.  Your stuck with the banality of my posts.:P  (that is, unless you ban me :o)

Thinking on it....some of these moves might just be cap related (Bae) rather than how useful said player might be.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1