The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

On 10/1/2019 at 8:39 PM, Dazzle said:

Seriously? An injury already? But we haven't even played any games.

I can injure myself in impressive ways that don't involve contact sports haha.

So can NHLers.  I'm not sure what happened to Motte - he did play in preseason and obviously something happened, but for perpsective, there is this....

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=justin+penner+pancake+injury

• Cheers 1

On 10/8/2019 at 11:12 AM, oldnews said:

I can injure myself in impressive ways that don't involve contact sports haha.

So can NHLers.  I'm not sure what happened to Motte - he did play in preseason and obviously something happened, but for perpsective, there is this....

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=justin+penner+pancake+injury

What about the cracker that broke Brent Sopel's back?

http://www.ededition.com/cracker-that-broke-brent-sopel-sold-for-five-dollars/

Apparently it was auctioned off. :lol:

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

With Motte close to returning, Green and JB will have a tough decision to make: waive Schaller or Eriksson who's doing nothing now!

Green likes how Schaller is playing.  Does our owner have the gumption to waive bye bye to Loui?  

7 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

With Motte close to returning, Green and JB will have a tough decision to make: waive Schaller or Eriksson who's doing nothing now!

They only have 22 active players and don't need to waive anyone.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Green likes how Schaller is playing.  Does our owner have the gumption to waive bye bye to Loui?  

Sure hope so!! Coz Motte offers a lot to us.... he's a poor man's Matt Cooke and we need his tenacity! I don't mind having Schaller around too if he continues to use his size and hussle. 

As for Loui, he is just not a fit anymore!! Let him go play his last couple years in Sweden! It makes no sense now to let him occupy a precious roster spot!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can't just waive him. You throw him to Utica only saves you $1 million. 

There might be players that are victims of the numbers game. I would not be surprised to see Leivo, Goldobin, etc traded even for late round picks just to clear space. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Can't just waive him. You throw him to Utica only saves you $1 million. 

There might be players that are victims of the numbers game. I would not be surprised to see Leivo, Goldobin, etc traded even for late round picks just to clear space. 

So.... you think Management will still hold on to Eriksson even though he's just $6M PKer and doesn't care as much as Motte? 

I think Schaller could be traded with retention for a late round pick, maybe near the deadline albeit I prefer asap. LE, bite the bullet and waive him already...6m to sit in press box in Van or let him dwell on his thought in a press box in Utica instead. Don't play hiim down there...let him sit and sit and hope he as a couple here think will either retire or mutually terminate contract if thats do able Im sure the League would find a way to NOT allow Canucks to do that.

Try to find a taker for Leivo and bring Sven up to rotate between line 2/3 and put him on PP unit #2, heck even try him on PK eventually

• Like 1