The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I actually think there's been something that he's been trying to play through for a few weeks. I think he aggravated it the other night, but I don't think this is new. Felt that something was off with him for a little while now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I actually think there's been something that he's been trying to play through for a few weeks. I think he aggravated it the other night, but I don't think this is new. Felt that something was off with him for a little while now.

This would explain his lack of finish. His ability to shoot the puck has not been great for a while and could be impaired by an injury. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Keenan's Moustache said:

Unfortunate for him - hope he makes a full recovery for next season!

I assume it's full steam ahead for Wayne Simmonds moving forward, although I like what I saw from MacEwen and Bailey's cameos :)

I assume he is done for the season.

8 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Ferland should not have fought earlier in the season, and it was staged.  Stupid move.  It led to a domino effect injuries this season.  

Lol, yah blame the guy for playing the way he normally plays.. that's why he was brought to Vancouver. Unfortunate incident for sure, but dont be upset at the player for playing the way he knows how to play. 

So is Ferlands hockey life over?

i gotta believe it’s got to be. He’s has to think of his health and he can’t play hockey the way he does with his concussion problems it will only get way worse at this point. It’s too bad, he really would of been a good fit on this team.

wish him the best

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen The Great said:

Lol, yah blame the guy for playing the way he normally plays.. that's why he was brought to Vancouver. Unfortunate incident for sure, but dont be upset at the player for playing the way he knows how to play. 

He had a concussion from last season and if I were him, I wouldn't fight when there's a chance of recurring concussions.  It's a common sense.  If I have no history, then by all means, fight.