The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

Just now, DeNiro said:

Tell that to Rypien.

When you have the heart of a lion nothing else matters.

Size of the fight in the dog.

Loved Rypien.  Motte was not a Golden Gloves Winner though.  Motte has great fight, and work ethic.  He plays the right way, and does everything the coach asks.  The problem is he’s so small that he gets injured playing how he has to play to be an effective player.  If he’s at all soft, he’s out of the league.  I think JB could spend the million elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, spur1 said:

Ferland’s contract and cap implications has nothing to do with the injury thread. Take it elsewhere. 

Well you have to solve the contract problem let’s face it he is done. Move on and save as much money and cap as we can. This is not a feelings league for sympathy, it is a what you can do on the ice for me type of league. No one gets paid like 3 million to sit around 

• Like 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Leivo has size.  Motte is just too small to play his role and stay healthy.  

Motte is more aggressive than Leivo. Leivo was a fill in player we got for nothing, with his injury we have seen we have 2 capable top 6 rw's in Boeser and Jake. Lind is waiting in the wings as are a couple other prospects. I would have liked to see us trade Leivo this TDL for a mid round pick but then he got his injury. We just have too many tweener wingers and can't keep them all. Need room for the youngsters to get some playing time

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Loved Rypien.  Motte was not a Golden Gloves Winner though.  Motte has great fight, and work ethic.  He plays the right way, and does everything the coach asks.  The problem is he’s so small that he gets injured playing how he has to play to be an effective player.  If he’s at all soft, he’s out of the league.  I think JB could spend the million elsewhere. 

He spent 1.9m on Charmin Schaller. Motte is a great 4th line player who can pk and gives his all. Lots of players get injured, should we be moving on from Boeser cause he seems to get hurt every year too?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

He spent 1.9m on Charmin Schaller. Motte is a great 4th line player who can pk and gives his all. Lots of players get injured, should we be moving on from Boeser cause he seems to get hurt every year too?

Bess for Risto and Sammy?  Motte blah. 

10 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Motte is more aggressive than Leivo. Leivo was a fill in player we got for nothing, with his injury we have seen we have 2 capable top 6 rw's in Boeser and Jake. Lind is waiting in the wings as are a couple other prospects. I would have liked to see us trade Leivo this TDL for a mid round pick but then he got his injury. We just have too many tweener wingers and can't keep them all. Need room for the youngsters to get some playing time

I hate to say it, but hasn't Roussel been pretty useless this year? I'd prefer to have a third line winger in Leivo that can actually score and fill in up and down the lineup 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KeslerWho? said:

I hate to say it, but hasn't Roussel been pretty useless this year? I'd prefer to have a third line winger in Leivo that can actually score and fill in up and down the lineup 

Rooster is coming off a serious knee injury though, which takes time (a year for many) from which to completely recover.  Rooster’s game is not so much to score, but to be a pest.  

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He should be shut down til training camp minimum imo

Agreed.  I’m sufficiently plastered now, so you (and your bunny) are again welcomed at the table of Alf.  And we are friggin’ winning the Cup this season!

The empty scotch bottle has spoken to me.  :towel: 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I may not be a doctor, but to me if it’s a rib area fracture that sounds more like month to month considering the time needed to reheal and then slowly introducing physical contact to the body after to get used to NHL play again. It seems like if we see him it’ll be in April at the earliest.

Also not a Doctor, but I read up to 12 weeks for this injury. So this seems likely.

Also, at what point can he resume training? Gotta think he's on the couch?