The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The athletic projects the Canucks 26th overall?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

On 10/2/2019 at 10:03 AM, Shift-4 said:

Reminds me of early 2000s just before WCE was born.

Remember when the papers were saying we wouldn't make the playoffs that year then like 3 days later it was probable then we were in?

I remember reading the Provence  on the ferry when we were in by 2 pts

old times - awesome days

Two words: Dom Luszczyszyn

This guy is the hack of all hacks. He's admitted to not watching any actual games and purely works from a spreadsheet.

I find it impossible to take anything this twerp says with any seriousness, when considering how he uses analytics without the eye test.

It's his opinion, in the end, so one should take it as they see fit, but one should also be wary of taking the word and estimates (which is really all this drivel is) of a clown who freely admits to not actually watching the game he "reports" on.

My suggestion?

ToiletFlushing_XL.gif

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:18 AM, Run n Gun said:

For the past 4 years...

The media have had low projections for the Nucks. Followed by outrage from these very message boards.... yet the Nucks have continually proven that they are a bottom feeding team.

Will this year be different? I sure hope so... but I can also see why projections for the team are all over the place for this year. 

Let's not get our panties in a bunch, folks.

Isn't it funny (and predictable) though, that people applaud these publications, when they applaud our prospects, and slam our expectations ;)

Who cares what expectations are? The allure of sports is the uncertainty of the outcome, that is why people stick around till the end ,unless it is a blow out

With low expectations, there is only one direction to go if it changes

As long as the team shows up and entertains, I am ok with waiting and see where the chips fall

I think that this particular author at the Athletic gets a rise out of getting the Canuck fanbase worked up....However, based on the last 4 years results, this fanbase is going to have to suck it up when it comes to predictions that put the Canucks in a bad light..Until this team turns a corner, these kind of predictions are legitimate.

We finally have a decent top 6 but bottom six needs upgrade. Need a better 3C. 

And Defense is OK. 

We're a bubble playoff team. Likely to miss playoffs. 

Maybe we'll finally hit the lottery. Lefrenier would be a great addition to the team.