The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob McKenzie signs new 5 yr contract with TSN

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, Down by the River said:

McKenzie and Friedge have had a good battle for P4P #1. I had Bobfather ahead, then Friedman overtook him. Now I've got McKenzie>Friedman again. 

Maybe its the conspiracy theorist in me, but Friedman only became relevant since the NHL gave the TV rights to Rogers/CBC.  Feels like some insider sources were "handed" to him rather than building his own network.  Just my 2 cents.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:59 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ol' Raccoon-face turned an 80's gig into a pretty darn lucrative career. I like how he always seemed to keep a fair distance from the petty mud-slinging/rumour-mongering, whereas a majority of his co-horts seemed to enjoy indulging.

More than most, always felt BM really loves the game.

Gord Miller too, WJC"s were always a good listen with those 2 leading the way.

• Upvote 1

With how popular Blob Mackenzie is you would think some of the other Yahoo's would take notice and want the same rep as he has .

Instead some of these other guys continue to spew garbage and don't get the same notariety that good ol' Bob does. 

Good job Bob.  

On 10/2/2019 at 5:59 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Ol' Raccoon-face turned an 80's gig into a pretty darn lucrative career. I like how he always seemed to keep a fair distance from the petty mud-slinging/rumour-mongering, whereas a majority of his co-horts seemed to enjoy indulging.

More than most, always felt BM really loves the game.

Yep he cut his teeth in the Hockey News and carved a great career out of it.  Still at or near the top in the business, his books are fun and insightful, players and managers both know they will get an honest shake out of an interview or article.  

Crazy to think EF has climbed to such heights given his roots...he was terrible or awful or very bad at it in the beginning - always put his mike and head right inside the interviewees personal space and asked the stupidest questions.   He’s also mastered his craft and now is probably ahead of BM as far as influence goes.  

Right now I’m a Craig Button fan, because he’s said some really nice things about JB and the Canucks over the off season ha ha.   And he’s he doesn’t have a head that look like a lego block (BM) or the fish captain from the Star Wars movies ..star wars episode 6 GIFstar wars adulthood GIF

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...