The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 02, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Like I predicted Leivo - Sutter - Virtanen line provided zero offence. Horrible balance.

If they’re going to provide nothing offensively they better be close to perfect on the defensive side. Sutter and Eriksson floating back as McDavid strolls in and ends the game.

Get Eriksson out of the lineup, drop Virtanen to the 4th and get Gaudette in there. At least he’ll try and create offence.

Baertshi - Gaudette - Goldobin would create offense. Baertshi and Gaud are not bad defensively, and both are creative enough to play with Goldy.

2 of the 3 are in New York State and the third was in the press box. So we got ...whatever that was.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Grape said:

I think he was one of the best Canucks too. I'm not sure why people don't think he played well as I genuinely thought he did.

However what you see is pure talent and skill. I'm not saying he's not trying his best. It's just that naturally, he doesn't have a "fire" to his game, like Stecher has.

The way he plays will always look like he's being super passive, kind of like Edler.

He got manhandled twice by Draisaitl, Kassian deked him out of his jockstrap (although he made a nice recovery), and was partially fault on the game winning goal. 

He didn’t necessarily had a bad game, but he didn’t have a great game either.

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Very true... however missing camp and most of pre season definitely doesn't help neither...

Absolutely. Boeser looked transformed skating-wise towards the end of last season. I think Boes is just going to be one of those notoriously slow starters 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Pathetic powerplay. Put in gaudette, call up Baer.

Pettersson was unlucky. He had chances. 

Our team just seemed to lack chemistry in any sort of cycle game. 

That's on Green.

The team should have been playing together 1-2 games prior.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Especially  Beagle, Schaller and Virtanen. -  so invisible that they were the only forwards not on the ice for a goal against !!

Maybe cuz they played the least and didn't even have to play the hard matchups.  It was all Bo and Ep40's lines tonight.

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Everybody still happy with the bottom 6?

Sutter with the turnover on the McDavid goal. Beagle dump in on a breakaway. No offense outside of the top 2 lines. 

Honestly the bottom 6 is still the one from last year. I guess the coach is content with them based on last year. Thought the added additions would give us depth instead we waived that depth so basically we didnt improve much on forwards. The defense was really good, and had good offense.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

you werent watching the game? pearson had 11 shots and 1 goal ( myers was changed to pearson ) , how can u say he was meh with 11 shots ROFL

Hey give me a break. It’s early and I’m on a 3:1 beers to joint ratio tonight. I promise to be better Saturday 

• Cheers 4

Just now, DeNiro said:

Like I predicted Leivo - Sutter - Virtanen line provided zero offence. Horrible balance.

Agreed. Uttered the same which was my whole thesis on being so butthurt on the Baer waiver.

Not impressed at all.

Just now, DeNiro said:

If they’re going to provide nothing offensively they better be close to perfect on the defensive side. Sutter and Eriksson floating back as McDavid strolls in and ends the game.

Rewatched, and yeah. Sutty dropped the ball

Just now, DeNiro said:

Get Eriksson out of the lineup, drop Virtanen to the 4th and get Gaudette in there. At least he’ll try and create offence.

Baer Gaud Sutter third line works for me

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

How? More shots, better chances, and they were bailed out by an obvious miss hold call. Not to mention they took 2 bench minors

A better power play? Not playing 2 matchup lines? Not playing Gaudette and sending Baertschi down for an invisible third line?