The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Logo “Tweaking”

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

9 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

FINALLY. Common sense prevails.

The real reason why the Aquilinis kept the corporate Orca is because it $$costs$$ too much to change the primary. Tweaking like removing the maroon and adding the "VANCOUVER" wordmark in '07 and then removing the wordmark and increasing the size of the Orca on the current new jersey doesn't cost as much as changing the primary mark all together. It's also a lot cheaper to use the sterile and weak Agency font than use the traditional Athletic block font with bordering. This ridiculous baloney about the "new generation of fans" and "Indigenous to the area", is what it is...ridiculous baloney.

If only Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beetie got the franchise, the Orca would've been history a long time ago.

What a ridiculous argument.

If there is one thing the Aquilinis arent,  is cheap when it comes to this franchise.

If they wanted a logo change,  they would do it.  Good thing they see what the majority of the fanbase sees and have kept the logo the way it should be.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, buddyguy said:

I LOVE the skate jersey but like someone said, I'd be fine with them keeping the orca as the main logo but using the skate jerseys as permanent 3rds moving forward.

That would work for me too. I like what the Sharks did with there logo, now we can't go and copy that idea with a whale but I am sure something could be rendered to make it more aggressive and appealing (to me anyway)

I like the Orca and the colour scheme, but boy do those skate jerseys make me tingle in sensitive places. The black, yellow and red colours, the skate looks cool af, and did I mention the black, yellow and red colour scheme? They should also tweak that god awful stick in the rink redesign. Woof. I get what they were going for but it's an abomination.

I happen to like the new stick n rink. hated the previous one and loved the vintage one. 

the spaghetti skate is great as a 3rd. If they wore them too often they would loose their luster.

The millionaires  uniform is an abomination. 

I'm happy with the orca the way it is . Especially now that VANCOUVER is gone.

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

Ummm...no.   Not every team needs to be like CHI, with a Blackhawk (one of the most cherished and favourite logos in team sports - that no way anyone would allow in today’s day and age of political correctness)... what do the Bruins have? A  weird B...the NYR?  The NYI? NJ Devils (where’s the devil I can’t figure that one out)  Vancouver has its own brand of an Orca in the shape of a C... not too hard to figure out - even the original logo was a C but was hard for low browers to figure out - and now the highbrowers like it the most out of all our various unis - took about 45 years to get there but it’s he only version of any of our uniforms ranked in the top half of the league.   We don’t need to be called the Orcas (and if we ever do I might seriously consider stop rooting for the team ) to be the Canucks - just like we don’t need a logger on skates logo to be called a Canuck (which outside the country is slang for any Canadian - might as well call ourselves Vancouver Canadians then and have Lucky Lagers avatar for our logo, you know a couple hosers with toques on it).

Everyone identifies to the logo that teams they fell in love with at the beginning for the most part.   All of ours have had a C or a V somewhere in them.

NJ Devils, i see horns and a tail, their logo makes perfect sense. I grew up with the skate logo but prefer the rink, all my jerseys are one or the other, i have no orca jerseys and never will. I do not identify with it, it has nothing to do with our team now and the only reason it exists is it represents the company that once owned the Canucks.

Seems the Boston B has a lot more meaning than you think:

The spokes aren’t there to represent a wheel, rather Boston’s place as a “hub” of America. In the mid-1800s, Boston author, physician and poet Oliver Wendell Holmes referred to the city’s State House as the “hub of the solar system.” As the Bruins describe on their website: “Each tweak and adjustment to the Bruins B-spoke is made for legibility, modernization, and enhancement of a historic team and an icon of Boston.”

Edited by Dumb Nuck

On 10/4/2019 at 4:06 PM, wildwood12 said:

And you are implying that you are using logic by saying an Orca is a Canuck???

An Orca is a fish.

I don’t see it your way!

This team lost it identity a long time ago.

C-is-for-Cookie.png.545f4c0b2ee8c951b241f849246ea407.png

It's also for: Canuck

Edited by Baggins
  • Cheers 1

Flames logo is a C, they had it long before the Whale we have. I would like the logo to change so that it doesnt look similar in thr respect of the main image on the front of the Jersey. C = Calgary for them, C = Canucks for us. So it is different, I just want to see a different take on a whale that doesn't form the C shape. Maybe then I will warm up to it, as of now that hasn't happened in over 20 years and it won't going forward.