The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks History Game 1

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

11 hours ago, Pickly said:

The Blues were all but written off last January and look how that turned out. I ain’t worried if the Canucks take some time to gel. 

The NHL is over 100 years old and the Blues were the first team to be in dead last that late in a season and win the cup. So that has happened less than 1% of the time in the history of the league, but yeah lets have the Canucks take that long to "gel" just for the excitement of it...right?

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

The NHL is over 100 years old and the Blues were the first team to be in dead last that late in a season and win the cup. So that has happened less than 1% of the time in the history of the league, but yeah lets have the Canucks take that long to "gel" just for the excitement of it...right?

There has been enough negativity and pessimism around here for far too long. Let’s see how the Canucks stand after 20 games before we panic. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Pickly said:

The Blues were all but written off last January and look how that turned out. I ain’t worried if the Canucks take some time to gel. 

Blues underachieved, massively. Everyone knew they were a good if not great team before turning their season around. I don’t think we should look at teams replicating that season very often.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Blues underachieved, massively. Everyone knew they were a good if not great team before turning their season around. I don’t think we should look at teams replicating that season very often.

Like who other than Kipper? Everyone had Winnipeg and Nashville in the division.