The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Oct. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The top lines for Edmonton and Calgary have been better (PP & 5v5) and that has been the difference. Ferland hasn't found his groove with EP40 and Boeser yet. Lot's of new bodies, will take a while to get some chemistry going. 

Really liked Jake's jump with Gaudette. Still like the overall makeup of the team, just need more reps.

• Upvote 4

One thing that makes me sad is Edler wont be replaced by Hughes on the PP. He is a great defender, but unfortunately the old boys club rules apply...

Line combos outside of Pearson/Bo/Miller are rough. However Gaudette played well.

Lots to be frustrated about, but also I'm sure there are changes coming.

Onto the next one.

Cant wait for:

Beartschi - Petey - Miller

Pearson - Bo - Brock

Ferland - Gaudette - Virtanen

Rousell - Sutter - Motte

It's only a matter of time.

• Cheers 1

dominated the two AHLbertan teams but can't buy a goal. 

the bad:

Tanev - not just the lost man on the 2nd goal, but he hasn't looked good going all the way back to preseason.

Green - IMO he got outcoached again... our offensive zone entry is trash, too many hail mary passes. whatever his system is, it needs to be better.

Petey/Boeser - needs to get their $&!# together or they should be split. 

the good: 

Hughes - our best player tonight, he is a one man zone entry machine. he should be our #1 PP QB, the hockey IQ is elite

Bo - he was trying to will us a goal in the 3rd and grinded the f out of the Lames.

Jake/Gaud - didn't look out of place, they need more games with each other to gel.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

Wonder what it would take to get Green to switch out Miller and Brock?

And where in hell is Thomas Vanek when we need him?  Our power play is simply not clicking.

PK looks good

Other then that  -  I'm off to find another drink.

He gave it a shot for the last minutes, maybe 79 40 9 start together at the home opener. 

Just now, VforVirtanen said:

The Miller, Pettersson and Virtanen line looked great at the end of the game. Hope they stick with it for a while. 

Makes good sense on paper. Hope it sticks.

Not a huge fan of loading up two snipers in Pettersson and Boeser on the same line. What I wouldn't do for at least ONE decent playmaking winger.

• Upvote 1