The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks Coaching Staff

Rate this topic

5Fivehole0

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

*Disclaimer*

Though these are my words and thoughts they are under the influence of Marijuana. Therefore I do not take responsibilty for anything I say below. You can blame Trudeau if you disagree.

*Disclaimer*

I'm actually starting to realize that I'm more so dissapointed in the coaching staff than I am any select player... A lot of the players, especially the new ones have impressed for the most part. Petey looks like he needs to slow the shot down and hit the gat'dam'net

The Canucks current roster is all working really hard because the message has been sent... Anyone can be cut. 

I think it's the stupid coaching that won't give up on the terrible drop pass break outs they're doing. 

The power play has looking horrificly disorganized... Just play the umbrella with Horvat in the middle. Don't balance your lines you idiots, surround your good players with other good players. Who cares what percentage your 2nd pp unit is when your first unit is operating in the mid 20s.

Our defensive break outs have been mediocre at best unless one of Hughes Edler or Myers has the puck. 

I'm for a coaching staff change... Green is making questionable deployment decisions and not to mention we already have 3 bench minors(TOO MUCH MAN). I feel like the Canucks led the league in too many men penalties last season. It's embarrassing and it occurs far too often... It's a coaching problem.

I agree with everything except the last, no way are we going to get rid of green

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Thanks for the disclaimer. Your comments are all valid. Leivo on the 1st PP is a disgrace, and Edler on the 1st PP is just as disgraceful. Petersson and Hughes are of equal skill set and very much need to be on the same PP. Who ever is coaching the PP should be fired. If nobody is moving around on the PP, 3 PK'ers can shut this PP down. It's all about creating a two on one in the funnel, equaling a  quality scoring opportunity. The Canucks are standing still and acting stagnant on their man advantages. I also think Boeser looks  to be needing Petersson to go, and for that reason I would move Miller and Pearson onto Petersson's line, as Miller looks to be a far better playmaker, which might be a better support player for Petey. As well Horvat, Boesser, and Baertschi should be reunited. Ferland, Virtanen, and Gaudette would be a better third line. 

• Upvote 1

Bringing in an inexperience NHL assistant in Baumgartner to run the D was a poor decision in my opinion. Green was a greenhorn nhl coach, they shouldn't have allowed him to hand pick his staff.

Brown, is on round 2 with us. His PP is predictable and its redundant bringing in a retread coach that we already let go once. I would target a veteran D minded coach and a younger offensive minded coach for the PP. 

Green can stay but he needs a better staff around him, he also needs to realize Sven is a much better option for the team vs Schaller and Loui Eriksson...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I would love to see the Canucks bring Juice into the fold in some capacity. Burr went back to frenchland where I assume his family resides

i own a bieksa jersey but i in no way would like to see him in a coaching position (unless its a fighting coach)

and burrows has been coaching in frenchland too, i hope he sticks with it.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/alexandre-burrows-appointed-assistant-coach-with-the-laval-rocket/c-299425860

If you have ever played a team sport and had ten new guys come into the team,it takes awhile before the victory train can get rollin'.However if this continues to be a fragile,and not physical team they will have another short season.

With the team finally getting a Captain (BO "THE OX" HORVAT),it will start to come together as a TEAM, and in a few years when the expansion of the league, Seattle coming in,and the Luongo ordeal finally finished,

I can see us having a few more talented players coming in and bringing some "life" back to our beloved Canucks,all the way to our first Stanley Cup.

Edited by DADDYROCK
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Green is fine, its newell brown who needs the boot, he is horrible with the PP and thats why they hired him....think its time for a change in the position..otherwise our PP will never get better ( this is on the JB and ownership to handle ), as for green hes young and new, he will make bad decisions and or line juggling...its basically a live and learn situation for him