The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks Coaching Staff

Rate this topic

5Fivehole0

3 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I used to get two minutes for being TOO MUCH MAN all the time. It's no big deal.

If you were too much man, you should be getting a lot more than two minutes out of the deal.

Unless you're a little.. how do you say.. trigger happy?

:towel:

5 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

*Disclaimer*

Though these are my words and thoughts they are under the influence of Marijuana. Therefore I do not take responsibilty for anything I say below. You can blame Trudeau if you disagree.

*Disclaimer*

This is great lol

Edited by BrockBoester

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Well call me crazy but after two games in I just don't think I'm ready to write the coaching staff off yet.

PP and D coaching has been poor for more than just 2 games. I would have preferred Baumer to be the new Head Coach of Utica while continuing to grow as a coach and learn while we brought in someone more experienced.

Larry Robinson recently joined the Blues in some capacity if I am not mistaken, he seems to have great success helping the D. We need to find someone like that to join our staff in my opinion

As Stated in other thread change up the Power play by having Quinn play behind the net and below the goal line. Qb from downlow, not from way out at the blue line. Canucks have the quickness and skill in Hughes and Petey to run the PowerPlay that way.

make it happen Green

6 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

If you were too much man, you should be getting a lot more than two minutes out of the deal.

Unless you're a little.. how do you say.. trigger happy?

:towel:

This is great lol

You've obviously never played hockey in your life. I used to get two minutes for looking so good to!

Edited by RWMc1

I’m just curious.

Should Green get the boot AFTER JUST 2 GAMES, who replaces him?

I hear Craig MacTavish is available. And so is some guy named Willy something. 

While I agree Brown needs to go, and Baumer is still in above his head, Green is doing fine, just requires better assistance.

Don’t swing the axe without thinking where the tree will fall.

Go Canucks Go!!!

• Upvote 2

The powerplay looks terrible. Same old expired formula that isn't working. 

I'd like to see us skate it into the zone on the rush, and lose the drop pass forever. Move the puck quickly. Hot potato, no player holding it more than 2 seconds. Try something new for once. Maybe setup behind the net and flip it over the back of the net in front. If we are rusty on passing, then practice practice practice. Have some target shooting drills. Work that rust off so we can  hit the net.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

The powerplay looks terrible. Same old expired formula that isn't working. 

I'd like to see us skate it into the zone on the rush, and lose the drop pass forever. Move the puck quickly. Hot potato, no player holding it more than 2 seconds. Try something new for once. Maybe setup behind the net and flip it over the back of the net in front. If we are rusty on passing, then practice practice practice. Have some target shooting drills. Work that rust off so we can  hit the net.

Why will a powerplay be that hard to figure out? maybe start by reviewing powerplays of other winning teams

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The PP has been terrible for years, is Newell Brown the special teams coach? If so, he should be let go. 

I wrote up a powerplay for him to use (even used mspaint for that!) in the PGT on like page 10. I don't mind throwing the guy a bone, he's clearly out of ideas.

Jokes aside, yes, he needed to go the first time and not come back. Tampa gassed him and then...became successful. There's a message there.

• Upvote 1

It sounds like Green is going to switch things up (big surprise), but this might actually be a good one.

Moving Miller to Pettersson's wing and Ferland to Horvat's. 

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Ferland - Horvat - Pearson

Miller is a high energy, fast player, who plays a gritty, smart game, quick on the forecheck, he could possibly get Pettersson or Boeser the puck better than Ferland. Also, Ferland with Bo and Pearson makes that a pretty punishing line for opponents to play against. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Darth Canuck said:

I’m just curious.

Should Green get the boot AFTER JUST 2 GAMES, who replaces him?

I hear Craig MacTavish is available. And so is some guy named Willy something. 

While I agree Brown needs to go, and Baumer is still in above his head, Green is doing fine, just requires better assistance.

Don’t swing the axe without thinking where the tree will fall.

Go Canucks Go!!!

I'm kind of for that. Axe Brown and Baum, they have been given ample rope... Gudbranson even talked about how Pittsburgh actually had a real system in place that made things easier for him

• Upvote 2

I stand by what I said in the pre season for the PP, put Edler on the 2nd unit and put Hughes on the 1st unit, the kids got skill why not take advantage of his abilities on a man advantage with the rest of your best players surrounding him, seems like a no brainer plus he's quicker and a better passer then Edler. The other change I would make is switching Leivo and Ferland, and sticking Ferland infront of the net, that's why they brought this guy in for his strength and ability to put the puck in occasionally, so maybe utilize him on your top PP line when you have the opportunity and he can hopefully bury some garbage goals infront of the net. I would even put Miller on the 2nd unit and Horvat on the 1st as well.

1st PP unit

Ferland - Horvat - Pettersson

Boeser    Hughes

2nd PP unit

Pearson - Miller - Leivo/Virtanen (Virt for infront of net)

Myers     Edler

Team is weak. We have no #1 or #2 left wing. And we've got no real #2 right wing. So we're basically a team with 2/3rds of a 1st line, 1/3rd of a 2nd line, and then a 3rd and 4th line. 

Our GM gave up a 1st and a 3rd to trade for overpriced, overvalued JT Miller. This is a joke.

Edit: I don't know why management would ever break up the BHB line. To me, that's what gave them the best value from Baertschi ... and now he's waived because of it. I can't imagine this was Green's choice. More than likely management told Green to play EP with Boeser.... and that's why Baertschi is now off the team. That was a legit 2nd line. Now the team is worse because our GM is too incompetent to find players to play with EP, so he cannibalizes a functional line to do it.

Edited by Matt_T83