The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daryl Morey, the NBA and LeChina

Toews

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

Bashing the US is a popular sport here on CDC.

Edit: As for your last sentence, who knows.  Maybe some sit far enough "left" that a dictatorship that is closer to one's ideology is better than a democratic republic that is further "right" than one would like.  Or who knows, it could be something else entirely.

There is a lot to bash.

Just like I stated in another thread the US is like a pedophile priest,it preaches good but practices bad.

I am neither left or right.

No one tells me what to do,they don't have to.

I treat others the way I wish to be treated.

Talking about dictators read a book called 

20 Dictators Currently Supported by the US 

Written by David Swanson 

I don't support dictators however your government does.

And some of them are brutal.

7 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

Like in Myanmar, China really supports them right now!

I condemn China for supporting a bunch of military morons who overthrew a democratically elected government.

I will add this I use to really admire Aung San Suu Kyi however her governments treatment of the Rohingya's has left a stain on her legacy.

Edited by Ilunga

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

There is a lot to bash.

Just like I stated in another thread the US is like a pedophile priest,it preaches good but practices bad.

I am neither left or right.

No one tells me what to do,they don't have to.

I treat others the way I wish to be treated.

Talking about dictators read a book called 

20 Dictators Currently Supported by the US 

Written by David Swanson 

I don't support dictators however your government does.

And some of them are brutal.

Yes there is plenty to bash, but for those who care to look, China has plenty as well.

Since the thread is about the NBA bending over for China, which is ultimately all about money, well, that just makes them whores.

Attempts, valid or not, to deflect to the US, or anywhere else for that matter, have no bearing on what China is doing to its Uighur population (let alone HK, Tibet, etc.).

If it is acceptable at sporting events to protest the national anthem by kneeling or other ways, or fans bringing signs supporting some political cause or another, then those same players and fans should be equally able to voice their concerns over China's treatment of their Muslim population.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Kragar said:

Yes there is plenty to bash, but for those who care to look, China has plenty as well.

Since the thread is about the NBA bending over for China, which is ultimately all about money, well, that just makes them whores.

Attempts, valid or not, to deflect to the US, or anywhere else for that matter, have no bearing on what China is doing to its Uighur population (let alone HK, Tibet, etc.).

If it is acceptable at sporting events to protest the national anthem by kneeling or other ways, or fans bringing signs supporting some political cause or another, then those same players and fans should be equally able to voice their concerns over China's treatment of their Muslim population.

Tell that to Colin Kaepernick 

I Totally agree that the sports people should be allowed to speak out against injustice,we all should.

However one will have more credibility if ones own house is clean if they want to criticize others.

The best way some athletes can stand up to China is by boycotting the upcoming winter games.

23 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Tell that to Colin Kaepernick 

I Totally agree that the sports people should be allowed to speak out against injustice,we all should.

However one will have more credibility if ones own house is clean if they want to criticize others.

The best way some athletes can stand up to China is by boycotting the upcoming winter games.

What do you want me to tell him?

That he was an early-declining middle-of-the road-to-decent pro QB who chose to focus his efforts on being an activist rather than improving his playing skills?

He is welcome to the choice.  Perhaps he was treated poorly by the league, but I also don't blame team owners for avoiding him, either, as his actions can be distracting to teammates and disturbing to fans., both of which impact a team's brand.

IMO, he should have made more efforts off the field to pursue his activism.  Of course, I also think he should read a number of my posts on the subject of what he is trying to fix, too, but that's not going to happen either.

If you happen to be referring to my credibility, I think it is just fine in this discussion.  If you somehow feel I dont have the right to speak on the matter because you feel I have some responsibility in Kaepernick's situation, well you can guess which hole to can blow that nonsense out of.  Because if that is the case, then we might as well shut the whole forum down because no one will be able to say anything on a whole slew of subjects.

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

What do you want me to tell him?

That he was an early-declining middle-of-the road-to-decent pro QB who chose to focus his efforts on being an activist rather than improving his playing skills?

He is welcome to the choice.  Perhaps he was treated poorly by the league, but I also don't blame team owners for avoiding him, either, as his actions can be distracting to teammates and disturbing to fans., both of which impact a team's brand.

IMO, he should have made more efforts off the field to pursue his activism.  Of course, I also think he should read a number of my posts on the subject of what he is trying to fix, too, but that's not going to happen either.

If you happen to be referring to my credibility, I think it is just fine in this discussion.  If you somehow feel I dont have the right to speak on the matter because you feel I have some responsibility in Kaepernick's situation, well you can guess which hole to can blow that nonsense out of.  Because if that is the case, then we might as well shut the whole forum down because no one will be able to say anything on a whole slew of subjects.

Soooo 

You critisise China for its treatment of some of its citizens however you are fine with how Colin was treated when he stood up for the treatment of the

minority he belongs to in your country.

One that over the centuries was enslaved,persecuted and to this day are still treated like second class citizens.

I am talking about your country's credibility and why I bring it up in these threads.

No one country has caused more injustice in this world in the last 70 years than yours both home and abroad.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Soooo 

You critisise China for its treatment of some of its citizens however you are fine with how Colin was treated when he stood up for the treatment of the

minority he belongs to in your country.

One that over the centuries was enslaved,persecuted and to this day are still treated like second class citizens.

I am talking about your country's credibility and why I bring it up in these threads.

No one country has caused more injustice in this world in the last 70 years than yours both home and abroad.

Absolutely, 100%.

You see, Kaep was prevented from being by private entities who were unwilling to risk their brand on a declining player.

The Chinese government is doing far worse to millions of Muslims living in their country.

As for your horsecrap laden final paragraph, try being black in India, China, or Brazil for starters.  We have room for improvement, sure, but there are far worse places to be black than here.

19 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Absolutely, 100%.

You see, Kaep was prevented from being by private entities who were unwilling to risk their brand on a declining player.

The Chinese government is doing far worse to millions of Muslims living in their country.

As for your horsecrap laden final paragraph, try being black in India, China, or Brazil for starters.  We have room for improvement, sure, but there are far worse places to be black than here.

You never know just how you look through others peoples eyes.

I am not going through the whole process again however  check out the evidence I posted in my discussion with @Kurgom 

There is no doubt who has interfered in more elections participated in more unjust foreign conflicts and supports brutal dictators.

Your have tested nuclear weapons/weapons of mass destruction on your own citizens and others.

There are worse  places to be black than than the US ?

That's the right attitude to confront your mistakes,learn from them and not make them again.

This is why black men are still getting choked to death by the police,shot in the back while running away,I could go on.

This hostile takeover was approved by Winnie the Ping image.thumb.jpeg.d14cecfdb184f06c41bf577d09b93de3.jpeg

The level of whataboutism has become pathetic, every single thread or comment about China… maybe you’re one of those military agents that tries to shape public opinion on China, because why else would anyone care this much…. Every, single, thread… keep apologizing genocidal countries, yes I judge their entire people, at least the US has the sense to vote out a dumb  leader.

23 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

The irony in this statement coming from you is funny.

Please elucidate this to .

me 

I bet you don't 

You never acknowledge the points I make,you just move on with your same old BS 

I will ask yet again what would the US do if China had just one base as close to the US let alone as many bases as the US does,close to mainland US ?

But I know you won't answer you never do 

You don't seem able to hold a rational,logical discussion with losing the plot or taking cheap shots like one 

Thank you and come again 

2 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

This hostile takeover was approved by Winnie the Ping image.thumb.jpeg.d14cecfdb184f06c41bf577d09b93de3.jpeg

The level of whataboutism has become pathetic, every single thread or comment about China… maybe you’re one of those military agents that tries to shape public opinion on China, because why else would anyone care this much…. Every, single, thread… keep apologizing genocidal countries, yes I judge their entire people, at least the US has the sense to vote out a dumb  leader.

Yes we use that derogatory term to describe ping over here to.

I wish I could say it to his face ...I would

My name is General One hung low 

Where have I ever apologised for a genocidal regime ?

Quote me 

I have openly condemned them.

You can pull quotes about that from my posts.

Here you go again 

China is #$_@#_ 

They have smashed press freedom.

They are quashing free speech in general.

Their human rights abuses make me sick to my stomach.

I hope that the people who enable this to happen will be held accountable,though I know they will not.

45 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Please elucidate this to .

me

Look buddy, I'm not getting into a fruitless argument with you again but it's funny to see someone who is completely ignorant that he looks like a lunatic to most tell someone else they don't know what they look like in another person's eyes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

Look buddy, I'm not getting into a fruitless argument with you again but it's funny to see someone who is completely ignorant that he looks like a lunatic to most tell someone else they don't know what they look like in another person's eyes.

Ignorant ?

I have studied history and geopolitics for over 40 years 

How long have you been doing this ?

I am a lunatic to most ?

Just because we disagree ?

Yeah some dudes - who were racist skinheads- used to call me a lunatic when I was beating the crap outa them 

If you really want to know who I am plug in your search engine 

Vimeo altoeffect dave 

It's one of several times my life story has been told both on Aussie TV and online 

It was a simple question and very pertinent to the discussion we were having.

And we both know what would happen if the China had just one base as close to the US as the US does to China 

$##$$_ WW3 

I have condemned China- CCP for all of its crimes and I will continue to do so 

Keep insulting me 

As JJR stated 

Insults are the arguments employed by those in the wrong 

16 hours ago, Ilunga said:

You never know just how you look through others peoples eyes.

I am not going through the whole process again however  check out the evidence I posted in my discussion with @Kurgom 

There is no doubt who has interfered in more elections participated in more unjust foreign conflicts and supports brutal dictators.

Your have tested nuclear weapons/weapons of mass destruction on your own citizens and others.

There are worse  places to be black than than the US ?

That's the right attitude to confront your mistakes,learn from them and not make them again.

This is why black men are still getting choked to death by the police,shot in the back while running away,I could go on.

Did Trump actually DO anything to restrict Kaep from playing, or speaking out, or anything else?  No.  He expressed opinions.  The various teams in the NFL made their own decisions.  If everyone was so worried about getting a bad tweet from Trump, he would have won in a landslide.

How many tens or hundreds of MILLIONS of China's own citizens have died from direct internal actions and policies of the CCP?  How many HUNDREDS of MILLIONS are silenced by the government and/or encouraged to be spied on by their neighbors?  Honestly, it should not be hard to see the difference here.

You could go on, but we know it all already and the oh-so-infallible media reminds us of it often. Once more for the cheap seats: YOUR DEFLECTIONS MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO WHAT IS GOING ON IN CHINA, AND HAS NO BEARING ON THIS DISCUSSION.

Every nuclear power has tested somewhere (except maybe Israel... maybe you will like them better as a result?).  Even good ol' China irradiated hundreds of thousands with their tests in western China (more fine showing of support for Uighurs, I'm sure).  Also, I'd expect you would have more vitriol for the Brits, considering they tested on Australia, among other places.

Fine, we get it, you hate the USA.  That's your prerogative.  That doesn't mean you need to regularly deflect conversations to that end.  If you feel the need to vent about the US, there are already some threads for that, or start a new one if one doesn't fit the topic well enough.  Because this thread is about China, the Uighurs, and the NBA.  I'm sure there are plenty of people will enjoy your posts elsewhere and agree with you often.  But, since you claim to treat people like you wish to be treated, I wonder if someone will be inspired and will bring countless of pointless, unrelated "whatabout" tangential arguments to deflect your claims.

If you actually want to talk about this topic, I'll contribute as I can, although I do not follow the NBA very much.  However, if all you want to do is continue to beat the dead US vs China horse more, you can do that without me.  Cheers.

• Vintage 3

4 hours ago, Kragar said:

Did Trump actually DO anything to restrict Kaep from playing, or speaking out, or anything else?  No.  He expressed opinions.  The various teams in the NFL made their own decisions.  If everyone was so worried about getting a bad tweet from Trump, he would have won in a landslide.

How many tens or hundreds of MILLIONS of China's own citizens have died from direct internal actions and policies of the CCP?  How many HUNDREDS of MILLIONS are silenced by the government and/or encouraged to be spied on by their neighbors?  Honestly, it should not be hard to see the difference here.

You could go on, but we know it all already and the oh-so-infallible media reminds us of it often. Once more for the cheap seats: YOUR DEFLECTIONS MAKE NO DIFFERENCE TO WHAT IS GOING ON IN CHINA, AND HAS NO BEARING ON THIS DISCUSSION.

Every nuclear power has tested somewhere (except maybe Israel... maybe you will like them better as a result?).  Even good ol' China irradiated hundreds of thousands with their tests in western China (more fine showing of support for Uighurs, I'm sure).  Also, I'd expect you would have more vitriol for the Brits, considering they tested on Australia, among other places.

Fine, we get it, you hate the USA.  That's your prerogative.  That doesn't mean you need to regularly deflect conversations to that end.  If you feel the need to vent about the US, there are already some threads for that, or start a new one if one doesn't fit the topic well enough.  Because this thread is about China, the Uighurs, and the NBA.  I'm sure there are plenty of people will enjoy your posts elsewhere and agree with you often.  But, since you claim to treat people like you wish to be treated, I wonder if someone will be inspired and will bring countless of pointless, unrelated "whatabout" tangential arguments to deflect your claims.

If you actually want to talk about this topic, I'll contribute as I can, although I do not follow the NBA very much.  However, if all you want to do is continue to beat the dead US vs China horse more, you can do that without me.  Cheers.

Here you go 

For the probably dozenth time 

I condemn ping and the CCP for its crackdown on free speech and journalists.

I condemn ping and the CCP for their human rights violations full stop.

They make me sick and I wish the people who enable this to happen could be thrown in jail to rot in their own filth.

And please don't yell at me it illustrates that you cannot hold a rational,logical,reasonable discussion. 

The hypocrisy of people like LeBron and John Cena make me feel contempt for them.

My own country has had 30 years of economic growth due to selling mostly iron ore to the Chinese and it kept us afloat through the GFC and now the pandemic.

I feel confused about this,I want what's best for my society however I don't want it to support a regime that ignores human rights.

You obviously don't read my posts otherwise you would have noted that I don't hate anyone or anything apart from injustice,hate is such a useless emotion.

I certainly don't hate the US.

I lament the fact they are a failed democracy.

Like Mike Burkett stated 

I think that our kids will probably see the end of humanity as we know cause this worlds about to blow it 

Will we see what they saw in ancient Rome 

The destruction of the the home 

Will we see the end of civility 

Cause when morality been blurred 

Procreation seems absurd

And human rights and freedom are just words 

That have lost all their meaning

Edited by Ilunga

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Here you go 

For the probably dozenth time 

I condemn ping and the CCP for its crackdown on free speech and journalists.

I condemn ping and the CCP for their human rights violations full stop.

They make me sick and I wish the people who enable this to happen could be thrown in jail to rot in their own filth.

And please don't yell at me it illustrates that you cannot hold a rational,logical,reasonable discussion. 

The hypocrisy of people like LeBron and John Cena make me feel contempt for them.

My own country has had 30 years of economic growth due to selling mostly iron ore to the Chinese and it kept us afloat through the GFC and now the pandemic.

I feel confused about this,I want what's best for my society however I don't want it to support a regime that ignores human rights.

Like Mike Burkett stated 

I think that our kids will probably see the end of humanity as we know cause this worlds about to blow it 

Will we see what they saw in ancient Rome 

The destruction of the the home 

Will we see the end of civility 

Cause when morality been blurred 

Procreation seems absurd

And human rights and freedom are just words 

That have lost all their meaning

I dunno... yelling seemed to finally get the point through, getting past off-topic posts.  In any case, we have arrived at something more on topic, but I'm sorry it came to yelling.

Better yet, I can agree and/or sympathize with pretty much your whole post here.

It sickens me that our economy is also so closely tied with China.  How companies contribute to Chinese technology simply by accepting China's rules regarding doing business in the country is appalling.  About the only bright spot in all that is it suggests some lack of collective national ingenuity that dictatorships tend to foster.  

Perhaps (spitballing here) Australia can be more forgiven due to having less suitable trading partners in the vicinity. US companies, well, they dont have that excuse, so I dont extend them that grace.

The NBA just seems to take it further than the rest with their censorship.  I follow wrestling and MMA even less than basketball, so I'll have to take your word on Cena.  LeBron is on a whole 'nother plane of hypocrisy and disillusionment.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1