The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markus Naslund: My open letter to Bo Horvat on how to be the Canucks captain

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm not the one who seems to be under the impression that Naslund is spiting Canucks fans over this. 

funny you mention "things happening twice in this thread" because that's twice you've put words in my mouth.

just weird. I'm out. you guys have fun. 

Edited by fecklund

16 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

If you truly value that opinion then pay for it.  Why should you get it for free?  That is how the guy makes his living?  Do you do your job for free?  Will that be your advice to your kids, "Whatever you do son/daughter make sure you don't get paid for your work - especially if what you do is important."?

Pay wall is kinda stupid, just imo. There is plenty of money to be made in advertising while making your content available to all. Children and poor people aren't going to pay for access to a website. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Pay wall is kinda stupid, just imo. There is plenty of money to be made in advertising while making your content available to all. Children and poor people aren't going to pay for access to a website. 

Surely it is up to the creator of the work with regard to the terms of sale, if you don’t like his terms, don’t access the work. Who are you to judge whether advertising pays adequately for his work.  Maybe advertising should be how you get paid.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Because children and poor people don't have other concerns in their lives than to read an open letter from Naslund to Bo.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Surely it is up to the creator of the work with regard to the terms of sale, if you don’t like his terms, don’t access the work. Who are you to judge whether advertising pays adequately for his work.  Maybe advertising should be how you get paid.

Was just my opinion, I know a lot of people on here are not fond of the Athletic due to the paywall and I personally dont have a yearning to access their work. Plenty of other resources out there for good information. A lot of websites have been very successful using advertising as a method of income such as facebook, youtube, ect. traffic = dollars   

Interesting read.  Some insight into why his interviews were often dry and even a little robotic.   Never got the impression he was entirely comfortable with them and this provides some context.   Nice of him to spend the time to add some input, thanks to the posters that provided the text, Naslund definitely played his heart out for us.

58 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lol do you work for the athletic? 

The paywall is a joke. 

Nah, I’m just a man who enjoys reading about the Canucks and generally prefers not to have to dig through TSN’s constant Leafs ball washing, or the dreck on Canucks Army, to find good articles. 

I also took advantage of a discount so that I’m getting a year’s subscription for $2 a month. If that cost is too high for you, I don’t know what to tell your broke ass except try collecting some cans?

Additionally, I’m not going to feel bad if people’s ignorance leads them to believe an open letter is something it’s not. 

Edited by HerrDrFunk

Wow.

Markus Naslund goes out of his way to write a touching letter and this is how some people react.

Some of you guys make me embarassed to be a Canucks fan sometimes.  Show some class.  

Absolutely pathetic.

If the article was printed in the newspaper no one would bat an eye to pay 2 or 3 bucks to read it.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Upvote 2

what's the problem here people?

nazzy gave his views to the athletic and was probably paid something for it

that was his choice

the cost is passed on via subscription

however, if it is used as the basis of a thread here

it should be copied and posted

those are the rules of the site (as i understand them anyway)

this has nothing to do with the athletic charging a subscription fee