The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The moment Bo Horvat became captain

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I was watching them introduce the players. First came Jordie Benn (#4), then came Brock Boeser (#6) (oh, they're going by numbers, I thought). Then they introduced J.T. Miller (#9), and my first thoguht was "oh crap, Tanev is injured again". lol But of course, he came out later wearing the A.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was watching them introduce the players. First came Jordie Benn (#4), then came Brock Boeser (#6) (oh, they're going by numbers, I thought). Then they introduced J.T. Miller (#9), and my first thoguht was "oh crap, Tanev is injured again". lol But of course, he came out later wearing the A.

The funny thing is that Tanev wasn't actually wearing an A (He'll wear it for away games) and for whatever reason I thought that meant that he was going to be announced captain and I was really scared up until they called for Bo. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brouhaha said:

The funny thing is that Tanev wasn't actually wearing an A (He'll wear it for away games) and for whatever reason I thought that meant that he was going to be announced captain and I was really scared up until they called for Bo. 

oh no! they haven't introduced Loui yet!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A pretty cool behind-the-scenes video when he was privately named captain during a Canucks team meeting before the NHL season began. The moment when his teammates found out that he would be the next Canucks captain, with Travis Green leading the way, and Henrik & Daniel coming in and doing the honours.

Was just going to post this . Lol. Love it . 

3 hours ago, BCNate said:

Now the real question is who does he pass the cup to next year.  Gotta be Edler.

What I thought was interesting in the post game presser, Greener at about 9 1/2 minutes seemed to let slip they were ready to contend for a Cup in 2 years, when Horvat will be a fully established (my interpretation) Captain.

He kind of stuttered, and then back tracked. But I found that interesting. I think he is actually prone to some Freudian slips because he tries to keep stuff under his hat so much.

"It's the right time. He's gonna be a better captain in 2 years than he is today"
"with where our team is going and the projection we see in our group.... we think we're gonna........the futures bright...... you wanna guy who's leading your group" 

Then goes on to speak about winning it all etc. 

start about 9:05

https://www.facebook.com/Canucks/videos/773066903144350/

Edited by fecklund